Stampin' Up! 2015-17 In Colours Washi Butterfly

by Joanne James7. April 2016 08:05

Today it's time for a new challenge over at Create With Connie and Mary and this week we have a great sketch for you:

So after everything I said about Delightful Dijon on my CCMC card last week, this week I've gone and used it again - out of choice! My card this week is all about our current in-colours, the 2015-17 In Colours to be exact:

I decided to create a washi tape striped inset background for my white butterfly, using the In Colour Designer Washi Tape that is an exclusive hostess gift which you can purchase with Stampin' Rewards when you host a Stampin' Up! party. I then chose the remaining elements of my card from there: a strip of white corrugated card for texture, a strip of watermelon wonder wide 1" stitched satin ribbon and for the back panel a piece of Colour Me Irresistible Specialty Designer Series Paper - I went with the Delightful Dijon because this is the only uncut piece in my pack! I finished my butterfly with a Mint Macaron  In-Colour Blossom Accent, finished with a rhinestone. I haven't added a sentiment to my card today as I wanted to add it to my stash of 'all purpose' cards, so will probably add one as I'm ready to send it.

Do visit the other Design Team members to see how they interpreted this week's sketch; there's lots of inspiration over on their blogs too!

Enjoy your day and I'll be back tomorrow with another project; until then, happy stampin'!

• Bold Butterfly Framelits Dies
  • 2015-2017 In Color Designer Washi Tape
  • Watermelon Wonder 1" Stitched Satin Ribbon
  • Color Me Irresistible Specialty Designer Series Paper
  • 2015-2017 In Color Blossom Accents
  • Kraft And White Corrugated Paper
  • Punch Corner Project Life
  • Rhinestone Basic Jewels
  • Whisper White A4 Thick Cardstock

Jennifer Downey
Jennifer DowneyUnited States
07/04/2016 18:46:35 #

Love your use of the multi colored washi for the inset of the butterfly! It ties all the colors you used on the other elements on the card together! Simple cohesiveness = love it!

Tracy May
Tracy MayUnited Kingdom
09/04/2016 17:05:19 #

Well you had me with the Butterfly with the Washi tape behind! I didn't realise you'd used Delightful Dijon for the background panel until I read your post lol! It works really well! Smile x

Lisa Martz
Lisa MartzUnited States
11/04/2016 14:33:00 #

Fabulous way to use the washi tape...the butterfly looks so pretty with that showing through the cut outs.

Libby
LibbyUnited States
13/04/2016 01:21:53 #

What a great card Joanne! I'm glad I took a closer look at your blog to see the wonderful detailing behind the butterfly! Gorgeous! And, I also like how you gave a product usage in one of your photos - nice!

Connie Babbert
Connie BabbertUnited States
13/04/2016 03:07:58 #

I love the butterfly against the Washi Tape!  SOOOO colorful, beautiful and classy...lovely CAS design!  Great job with the sketch challenge this week!

Jenny Engelke
Jenny EngelkeUnited States
13/04/2016 20:29:29 #

You've put such detail into your clean and simple card!  I LOVE the blossom accent with the rhinestone center.  It's so simple and pretty!  Also, the irresistible specialty paper looks amazing!

Easter Promotions

Eastern Palace Suite - Purchase either bundle and get a free PDF Tutorial to make 3 cards. Full details here.

Current May hostess code:

DXFJQZPN

Spring Summer 2017 Seasonal Catalogue

Click here for the electronic version of the new Stampin' Up! seasonal Spring-Summer catalogue available until 30 June:

Please contact me by phone or email me at joanne@thecraftyowl.co.uk to place an order!

Ever thought about becoming a Stampin' Up! demonstrator? For £99, you can create your own starter kit worth £130. That's £31 OF FREE PRODUCT! Stampin' Up! has something for everyone: join my growing team and benefit from my support to enjoy Stampin' Up! however you choose.

If you're interested, call me for a chat to understand how I can help you realise your goals. Alternatively, if you have already decided to sign up and you just can't wait, please click here for the link to the online form where you can sign up and order your starter kit right away!

2016-17 Annual Catalogue

Click on the catalogue for a full list of current SU! supplies - if you would like to order any of the items featured, please drop me a line at joanne@thecraftyowl.co.uk or give me a call on 07773 421446 - I'd be happy to help.