Painted Autumn Suite Collage Card

by Joanne James7. November 2017 06:00

I'm back with another of the cards made at yesterday's technique class featuring the Painted Autumn Suite, which also uses the current sketch over at The Paper Craft Crew:

Play along with the Paper Craft Crew for Square Sketch Challenge 266. The challenge starts November 1st and ends November 7, 2017 at 1 PM EST. Visit the blog at www.papercraftcrew.com to check out the design team samples and to submit your project. #papercraftcrew #papercrafting #sketchchallenge #color #playalong #imakecards #cardmaker #diy #sendacard #craft #stampinup #cardchallenge #papercraft #bigshot #rainydayfun #designteam #becreative #artsandcrafts #hobby #snailmail #createeveryday #crafttherapy #creativelifehappylife #pcc2017

I love the fact that the sketch had lots of bits and pieces which allowed me to use lots of the items in the Painted Autumn Suite:

Painted Autumn Patterns - I decided to use the panel to feature a piece of the gorgeous Painted Autumn DSP that I hadn't used previously. I hope you, like me, stocked up on this paper when it was part of the 'buy 3, get 1 free' offer -  the designs really are beautiful. I took my inspiration from the swirly leaves and branches of the paper and using the sketch built my design from there.

All About Texture - This card is full of elements that add texture: ribbon, burlap, enamel dots, punched leaves, touches of nature elements, punched border - all of which add to the loose, collage feel.

Realistic Planks - The background panel is embossed with the Pinewood Planks Textured Impressions Embossing Folder. This 3D, dynamic folder creates deep and realistic dimensional embossed impressions that look just like the grain of pinewood planks - the perfect way to add interest to my background without detracting from the other elements.

I'm also linking up with the gals over at SUO Challenges today where they currently have a 'thankful' theme going on.

I am managing an early post today as I have an all-day Christmas stamp-a-stack and then I'm out talking to a local women's group about festive packaging this evening. I hope you have a great day; I'll be back tomorrow with another project. Until then, happy stampin'!

Christyne Richardson
Christyne RichardsonCanada
10/11/2017 22:27:20 #

What a fabulous card Joanne! I love all the different elements you used! Thanks for playing along with us at the Paper Craft Crew. Christyne - DT.

Julie Gearinger
Julie GearingerUnited States
19/11/2017 03:35:46 #

Joanne- this card looks fabulous! Love the use of all of the textural elements as well as the patterns and colors! Thanks for sharing with us at SUO Challenges- hugs and I hope you have a wonderful Thanksgiving!

Julia Quinn
Julia QuinnAustralia
19/11/2017 04:54:22 #

I love your cluster of papers and textures and punched shapes - especially those sweet soft sky leaves!!  I'm so glad you joined in the fun with our thankful challenge at SUO Challenges.

Connie Babbert
Connie BabbertUnited States
19/11/2017 16:35:24 #

Love the angles and details on here with the cluster of leaves and ribbon!  Beautiful!!!  Thanks for playing along with the SUO Challenge this time!

Cindee Wilkinson
Cindee WilkinsonUnited States
19/11/2017 20:57:39 #

I loved how you layered all those pieces. It was a bonus that you had them on your work table ready for a beautiful card. Thanks for playing along with the SUO Challenge.

Karen Barber
Karen BarberUnited States
19/11/2017 23:54:31 #

SO beautiful~~ Thanks for playing along in the SUO challenge!!

Mary Brown
Mary BrownUnited States
20/11/2017 00:02:15 #

What a delightful autumn card!  LOVE your layout.  It is simple but still so much going on!  Thanks for joining the SUO challenge!

12.01.2017_TH-SHAREABLE1_YEARENDSALE_EUSP

There are big savings on surplus and retiring items from 1st December - 2nd January. Click on the picture to see what is still available in my online store.

Seasonal Catalogue

Click here to view and download a copy of the 2017 Autumn-Winter Stampin' Up! Seasonal Catalogue which runs from 1 September 2017 - 2 January 2018.

Current December hostess code:

NASJ4PVF

Ever thought about becoming a Stampin' Up! demonstrator? For £99, you can create your own starter kit worth £130. That's £31 OF FREE PRODUCT! Stampin' Up! has something for everyone: join my growing team and benefit from my support to enjoy Stampin' Up! however you choose.

2017-18 Annual Catalogue

Click on the catalogue for a full list of current SU! supplies - if you would like to order any of the items featured, please drop me a line at joanne@thecraftyowl.co.uk or give me a call on 07773 421446 - I'd be happy to help.