Gilded Autumn Patterned Paper Trio of Thank You Cards for PP505

by Joanne James23. August 2020 09:00

Today it's Sunday and time for this week's new challenge over at The Paper Players! It's the turn of the amazingly talented LeAnne to host this week and she has my favourite, a sketch challenge for you to work with:

LeAnne's sketch is perfect to showcase some designer series papers and I couldn't resist another card using the Gilded Autumn speciality designer series papers - take a look:

Gilded Autumn Goodness - The Gilded Autumn papers are beautiful, with some fabulous foil detailing. I paired my chosen patterns with a sentiment and label from the 'So Sentimental' bundle and added some of the ribbon from the suite to my label too.

A Copper Acorn - I used some retired dies for my diecut leaves (from the Beautiful Bouquet die set) as they had a shape that works well with the patterns on the paper and added a double linen thread bow. I stopped there on my two additional cards as I wanted them to be post-friendly, however I couldn't resist adding one of the lovely copper acorn trinkets from the suite to one of my cards - these are just so pretty:

I'm going to link this card up over at Hand Stamped Sentiments too - I just love their inspiration photo this week, it's so perfect for the season!

And Two Makes Three - As I mentioned above, having cut 3 rectangular pieces of DSP, and then cut all three together at the same angle on my guillotine, I made another two cards to use up all of the pieces. Here's my second card:

And my third card:

A little simple stamping using the 'Beautiful Autumn' set inside finished each card:

Here's all three of my cards together - do you have a favourite? Leave me a comment, I would love to hear your thoughts.

Here's a quick recap of our challenge rules:

1.  Create a new paper project
3.  Please link your card to no more than four challenges, TOTAL.
4.  Have FUN!

Enjoy your day; I'll be back tomorrow with another project. Until then, happy stampin'!

LEANNE M PUGLIESE
LEANNE M PUGLIESEUnited States
8/24/2020 8:41:46 PM #

These are ALLLLLLL gorgeous!  And that little acorn...I think I want them to make a bracelet...or earrings..or SOMETHING!  So sweet!  Thanks for making great use of my sketch!

Deborah Wheeler
Deborah WheelerUnited Kingdom
8/25/2020 8:45:41 AM #

those papers are just gorgeous.  Love the cards

Ann Schach
Ann SchachUnited States
8/25/2020 9:36:13 PM #

Beautiful cards, Joanne! A trio of stunning papers! And that little acorn...it's the perfect accent! The leaves just draw the eye right into the sentiment. I LOVE them all!

Stef Perry
Stef PerryUnited States
8/26/2020 10:21:36 PM #

Those papers are sooo gorgeous and perfect for this sketch!  Love how you mixed them up for 3 cards so as not to waste a scrap.  Beautiful cards, Joanne!

Lorraine
Lorraine United States
8/27/2020 7:24:24 PM #

These are all absolutely stunning.  What a great way to use that patterned paper!

Allisa
AllisaUnited States
8/28/2020 5:59:42 PM #

Such a stunning trio of cards!  Your paper choices were perfect for the sketch design!

Anne Marie Hile
Anne Marie HileUnited States
8/29/2020 3:58:16 AM #

Such gorgeous card, Joanne! Love the rich colors and the way your showcased that beautiful DSP!

Jaydee
JaydeeUnited States
8/29/2020 1:26:06 PM #

Joanne, fabulous way to showcase this beautiful paper.  Gorgeous cards
hugs
jaydee

Jan Clothier
Jan ClothierNew Zealand
8/30/2020 9:25:06 PM #

There you go again... showing just how marvellous DSP is for making striking cards. This paper is so gorgeous, I'd have to steel myself to cut into it but wow! What a great technique for making the most of it! The heat embossing just adds another layer of opulence.

Robbie
RobbieUnited States
8/31/2020 5:22:24 PM #

So clever to show the same card using the different dsp.  Love how you just added a sentiment and a couple of die cuts so the paper carries the show.  Thanks for joining us at Hand Stamped Sentiments!

Robbie

Autumn Winter Catalogue

Current November hostess code:

469YSGD2

The Stampin' Cut And Emboss Machine (standard size) Is Here!

Crafting has never looked this good! Contact me to get yours today.

Paper Pumpkin Is Here!

Share joy with the global Joy To The World Paper Pumpkin Kit! Available 3 November whilst stocks last!