Gilded Autumn Suite Layered Thank You Card

by Joanne James21. August 2020 20:00

Today I'm sharing another card that uses this week's Global Design Project sketch and this time the inspiration photo over at Hand Stamped Sentiments:

The #GDP254 sketch has so many possibilities and I couldn't resist those autumnal colours, leaves and acorns on the HSS photo. This is the original card I made with the sketch (if you missed it I shared another one yesterday here), along with my first outing with the fabulous Gilded Autumn Suite of products - take a look:

Gilded Autumn - The catalogue describes the Gilded Autumn Suite as 'nature-inspired imagery, with gold and copper foiling to give autumn an infusion of elegance' - this totally sums up the beauty of the products in this suite, especially the papers. I used a piece of gold-foiled Cajun Craze paper for my card base, then added a layer of brushed gold cardstock before adding a Stitched Rectangle with the reverse of my base pattern, featuring a variety of coloured autumn leaves.

Leaves and Acorns - I used a trio of gold heat-embossed leaves and acorns to decorate my sentiment label, each of which was easily punched out using the autumn punch pack punches. These punches are quite a decent size; I thought they would be small, like the itty bitty punches we've had previously, but they are more like the size of the small bloom punch. They also co-ordinate with some of the paper patterns - bonus! They are two-step stamps, with an outline and infill and are easy to align - I even used them to decorate the inside of my card:

Gold, Gold and More Gold - I couldn't resist adding more touches of gold to my card: the designer paper, the heat embossed sentiment and punched leaves, along with the brushed gold cardstock border and a tiny gold twine bow on my acorn give the whole thing a wonderful warm glow:

I think I've fallen in love with the foil detailing on these papers and all of the lovely coordinating products in this suite. Looking forward to creating more with them!

Enjoy your evening and I'll be back tomorrow with another project. Until then, happy stampin'!

Deborah Wheeler
Deborah WheelerUnited Kingdom
8/22/2020 8:54:02 PM #

really like the card- don't want to think about autumn quite yet, though ! 😂

LEANNE M PUGLIESE
LEANNE M PUGLIESEUnited States
8/24/2020 8:42:36 PM #

I didn't think about embossing these little leaves but they look awesome that way!  May have to give this a try myself!

Fiona Whitehead
Fiona WhiteheadUnited Kingdom
8/27/2020 2:19:14 PM #

A pretty card and a great take on both of the challenges - thanks for joining in with us at Hand Stamped Sentiments

Jan Clothier
Jan ClothierNew Zealand
8/30/2020 9:26:19 PM #

The pretty little embossed and coloured leaves, and just a touch of pretty ribbon, really help to highlight the beauty of the DSP.

Robbie
RobbieUnited States
8/31/2020 5:11:10 PM #

Cute card!  That paper is perfect for the background.  Thanks for joining us at Hand Stamped Sentiments!

Robbie

Autumn Winter Catalogue

Current November hostess code:

469YSGD2

The Stampin' Cut And Emboss Machine (standard size) Is Here!

Crafting has never looked this good! Contact me to get yours today.

Paper Pumpkin Is Here!

Share joy with the global Joy To The World Paper Pumpkin Kit! Available 3 November whilst stocks last!