Autumn Patterned Pumpkin Shaker Thank You Card

by Joanne James24. September 2018 12:00

Firstly apologies to anyone who had difficulty accessing my Paper Players post early yesterday; there was a scheduling blip on my part which I hadn't appreciated until later in the evening, so apologies for that. Here's the link to yesterday's post if you missed it - it's a bumper project post too, so definitely worth a look! Back to today - I'm sharing a card for the current challenge over at CAS-ual Fridays that features sequins and I'm using the colours over at CAS Colours and Sketches:

I decided to with a simple fall-inspired shaker card - take a look:

Seasonal Patterned Pumpkin Shaker - I have lots of spare sequins in my stash and just happened to have some in Pumpkin Pie, so decided to combine them with a few copper ones to create a simple shaker using the retired Patterned Pumpkin thinlits. I love the pop of bright green that the Granny Apple Green adds to the leaves and tendrils too!

A Masked Sentiment - I wanted a simple sentiment in keeping with the theme of thankfulness (I could have gone with Halloween I guess, but I know this card will be more useful and these colours reminded me much more of autumn/fall) so inked one of the stamps in the 'Labels To Love' set with my Fresh Fig marker, omitting the branches above and below it. This is the only stamping on the front of my card, although I did use my markers to selectively colour a pumpkin from the 'Seasonal Chums' set to decorate the inside of my card too:

So Subtle Texture - The last feature of today's card is the subtle embossed texture that I added to my card base and orange banner piece, courtesy of the new Subtle 3D Dynamic Textured Impressions Embossing Folder. I finally caved and bought this embossing folder as I've seen so many wonderful cards that feature it, many from my lovely Paper Players teamie LeAnne over at WeeInklings (thank for being my enabler LeAnne - I think!) I must say, I'm not at all disappointed; whilst a little difficult to see on the dark colours of today's card, it adds a wonderful subtle texture that

Enjoy your day and I'll be back tomorrow with another project. Until then, happy stampin'!

9/24/2018 2:14:19 PM #

LOL....I am happy to be an enabler!  And this little punkin is as cute as can be!  I saw those challenge colors and went running, but you managed to combine them along with the sequins for a little bit of sparkly perfection!  I don't even think I have used that particular die yet!  Might have to CASE this for sure!

Joanne JamesUnited Kingdom
9/24/2018 2:40:52 PM #

I love the new embossing folder LeAnne! I picked up those Patterned Pumpkin dies just before they retired and this is the first time I used them - eek! (something that happens all too often!) I love them though and the outline makes for a fun and easy shaker - CASE away my friend!

Amy Brown
Amy BrownUnited States
9/24/2018 5:26:16 PM #

Love this cute pumpkin shaker card!
Thanks for sharing with us at CASual Fridays! Smile

Samantha Johnson
Samantha JohnsonUnited States
9/25/2018 1:26:39 AM #

What a fun shaker card, thanks for playing along with us at CC&S.

Jeanne
JeanneUnited States
9/26/2018 3:09:11 AM #

I love this simple shaker card.  Great use of the colors and sequins.  Thanks for joining us at CC&S this week.

Laurie
Laurie Canada
9/26/2018 5:46:31 PM #

I love this card. Fabulous design and colours! Thanks for playing along with the CAS-ual Fridays Challenge!!

Buy 3 Get 1 Free on selected Designer Series Paper between 4th-30th September! Click here for more details.

Current September hostess code: