Trimming the Town Horizontal Card Three Ways

by Joanne James24. August 2020 08:00

Another Monday, another week! Lots happening this week so I need to be even more organised that usual! Today I'm sharing a card (or 3!) using this week's sketch over at The Paper Craft Crew:

Remember when I cut up that 12" x 12" sheet of scene DSP from the Trimming The Town pack I cut up to make 4 slimline cards here? I showed you the other 3 smaller pieces of DSP I had leftover and this week's sketch was perfect for me to use these to complete my set of cards. Here is each of my cards in turn:

Card 2:

Card 3 - I flipped the sketch on the vertical for this one as the sentiment worked better on the left side of my framed scene:

Each of my cards uses a Misty Moonlight card base, with a panel of snowflake paper followed by a piece of the scene, which is framed in a Poppy Parade border cut with the scallop-edged Layered Squares dies. The sentiments have also been cut from the Trimming The Town DSP and popped up on dimensionals, along with a fussy cut tree and also a small ribbon bow on one of my cards:

I did a little stamping on the inside of my card, but the outside was all about snipping with my scissors and some diecut frames - nice and straightforward and I've used my whole sheet of DSP.

Enjoy your day and I'll be back tomorrow with another project. Until then, happy stampin'!

LEANNE M PUGLIESE
LEANNE M PUGLIESEUnited States
8/24/2020 8:40:28 PM #

You are really making me want this paper more and more!  What a fun way to use up those little bits...perfectly adorable scenes in perfectly wonderful colors!  Great sketch too!

Deborah Wheeler
Deborah WheelerUnited Kingdom
8/25/2020 8:47:16 AM #

so great to use up your leftovers - it's so satisfying! These are great cards - thanks for the inspiration

kimberly skinner
kimberly skinnerUnited States
8/26/2020 1:47:11 AM #

I love your take on the sketch!!  Fabulous card.  Thank you for joining the Paper Craft Crew this week!

Jan Musselman
Jan MusselmanUnited States
8/27/2020 12:50:31 PM #

What a great use of this DSP! And it works so well with the sketch too. Thanks for joining the Paper Craft Crew this week!

Jan Clothier
Jan ClothierNew Zealand
8/30/2020 9:22:42 PM #

You're really selling me on this paper, Joanne. I'm starting to really love the retro imagery and colours of it. You've done such easy, but very striking, layouts with it and it's easy to see how you could make a big stack of really great cards with it.

Chris Smith
Chris SmithUnited States
8/31/2020 12:57:08 PM #

Wow! You've got that sheet all used up. I've got the paper without the stamps too so I'm going to have to tuck away this idea. These are really adorable! I'm so glad you joined in and played along with us at the Paper Craft Crew this week.

Autumn Winter Catalogue

Current November hostess code:

469YSGD2

The Stampin' Cut And Emboss Machine (standard size) Is Here!

Crafting has never looked this good! Contact me to get yours today.

Paper Pumpkin Is Here!

Share joy with the global Joy To The World Paper Pumpkin Kit! Available 3 November whilst stocks last!