Gilded Autumn Thanksgiving Cajun Craze Pumpkins

by Joanne James15. November 2020 21:00

A lockdown weekend with pouring rain gave me extra crafting time today so I thought I'd squeeze in a second post with a thanksgiving card that I made for a friend of mine, that was inspired by a number of challenges:

I used Julee's fabulous-as-always Mojo Monday sketch and the Card Concept inspiration photo with its rich oranges and browns and pumpkins galore inspired me to use the gold-embossed pumpkin paper from the Gilded Autumn paper pack for my clean and layered card. I decided to pair it with one of my favourite sentiments from 'Country Home' for a Cajun Craze monochromatic card - take a look:

My Gilded Autumn embossed paper was the starting point for today's card. I just love it! I added a stitched gold foil border and a layered pumpkin, made from one of my retired Patterned Pumpkin Dies and then with the pumpkin coloured with Cajun Craze Blends and splattered with gold shimmer paint, before adding some die cut leaves and vines:

I finished my sentiment banner with a double bow of Cajun Craze metallic ribbon and gold twine for some extra shine. So what do you think? I don't use Cajun Craze that often and there's a lot of it on this card, but I think the gold really takes things up a notch and compliments it beautifully. This almost feels like a Cinderella-esque rags to riches card, metaphorically speaking! I'm also linking this card up over at SUO Challenges where the theme is thanksgiving.

Enjoy your evening and I'll be back tomorrow with another project. Until then, happy stampin'!

11/16/2020 3:08:23 AM #

I LOVE that pumpkin....I didn't get this set because I already have SO many pumpkins, but I do love that outline die!  It looks great with that paper and your ribbon embellishment is simple yet very pretty! Thanks for sharing this with us at The Card Concept this week!

Julee Tilman
Julee TilmanUnited States
11/16/2020 5:57:11 AM #

Such a pretty card. So glad you could join me for Mojo Monday!

Vicky
VickyUnited Kingdom
11/16/2020 5:02:32 PM #

Gorgeous Joanne! I love pumpkin and that beautiful sentiment but most of all I love the Cajun Craze and gold colour scheme Smile Sounds like you enjoyed the special crafting weather at the weekend!
Vicky x

Heather Heroldt
Heather HeroldtUnited States
11/16/2020 6:28:09 PM #

Beautiful, Joanne - love the gilded layering on this pumpkin - so gorgeous over the Cajun!  Thanks so much for playing at Sunday Stamps!

Christy Stanford
Christy StanfordUnited States
11/22/2020 11:22:53 AM #

I love how you made the focal image pumpkin match the patterned paper, it looks stunning!!  Such a fabulous card, I love how fancy it is with all the gold and the ribbons are a perfect accent.  Thanks so much for playing along with us at SUO Challenges, hope to see you in our next challenge starting soon!

Autumn Winter Catalogue

Current November hostess code:

469YSGD2

The Stampin' Cut And Emboss Machine (standard size) Is Here!

Crafting has never looked this good! Contact me to get yours today.

Paper Pumpkin Is Here!

Share joy with the global Joy To The World Paper Pumpkin Kit! Available 3 November whilst stocks last!