Rainbow Be Mine Stitched Die Stack for #GDP224

by Joanne James25. January 2020 16:00

As promised, here's the second of the cards I made for this week's challenge over at the Global Design Project inspired by Steffi Helmschrott's pretty rainbow card:

This time I used the same basic colours but decided to incorporate my rainbow in a stack of hearts diecuts from the Stitched Be Mine Dies:

This time I used the 'Love You Lots' sentiment from the 'Heartfelt' stampset for my greeting, heat embossing it in white onto Basic Black and fussy cutting it out. I stamped a few small black hearts but didn't like the shape, so covered them up with some black diecut ones (ssh - don't tell ;-)) I took another picture so that you could see the depth created by the stacked hearts:

Isn't that cool?

I think I prefer this card to my earlier one - if you missed it you can see that card here. I like the fact that the more generic sentiment means this card could be used for a ton of different occasions, not just Valentine's - after all, you can only send so many Valentine's, right?! What do you think? Do you have a favourite? Leave me a comment below - I'd love to hear your thoughts!  I'll be back tomorrow with my project for the latest challenge over at The Paper Players and this week I'm the hostess. Until then, happy stampin'!

Ashley Fifer
Ashley FiferCanada
1/25/2020 5:44:21 PM #

This is gorgeous! What a fabulous idea!!

Ashley Fifer
Ashley FiferCanada
1/25/2020 5:45:05 PM #

This is gorgeous! What a wonderful idea to stack the die cuts!

Jan Clothier
Jan ClothierNew Zealand
1/27/2020 8:47:29 AM #

What an amazing sense of depth you've achieved by stacking this die . That's another thing I wish I'd got!

Vicky
VickyUnited Kingdom
1/27/2020 11:36:04 AM #

This is one of the best ideas I've seen for this die Joanne. I love the rainbow effect and the shadow sentiment works brilliantly with it. I don't think you can have too many of these cards - great for leaving notes for your family. 'Don't forget to put the bins out' would come across so much better in this card than on a grubby post it note! Vicky x

Steffi Helmschrott
Steffi HelmschrottGermany
1/27/2020 2:09:56 PM #

I love it ❤︎

Sale-A-Bration 2021 Is Here!

Sale-A-Bration is here! Choose a FREE product with every £45 or £90 you spend between 5 January-28 February. Click on the image above to view the brochure!

January-June 2021 Mini Catalogue

The new Stampin' Up! January-June 2021 Mini Catalogue is here - click on the image to download your copy!

Current February hostess code:

QJBRZGPT

What's more, if you join between 5 January - 28 February during Sale-A-Bration, you will receive an additional 5 packs of colour designer series paper too - for FREE!

Stampin Cut and Emboss

The Mini Stampin' Cut And Emboss Machine Is Here!

Crafting has never looked this good! Contact me to get yours today. Available from January 5th.