Life Is Short - Buy The Shoes for PP475

by Joanne James26. January 2020 10:00

Today it's Sunday and time for this week's new challenge over at The Paper Players! It's my turn to host this week and I have my favourite, a sketch challenge, for you to work with:

My sketch involves an element of repeating pattern, which can be any shape you like. Whilst I used my stitched circles as a background for my pattern repeat, today's card is all about the shoes - and some rather special shoes at that! Take a look:

Words To Live By - I love the sentiments in the 'Dressed to Impress' stamp set but my favourite is without doubt this one - I mean, has there ever been a truer word spoken?! I am one of those people who love shoes; I don't own as many pairs now as I once did and I've never owned a pair of floral high heels, but I would love to - so I would love to receive a birthday card like this! I used the florals in the stamp set to decorate the inside too, with a birthday sentiment from the Peaceful Moments stamp set:

Best Dressed Shoes - This is one of those cards that looks pretty simple, but took a long time to execute! I stamped twelve shoes onto Whisper White cardstock and used my All Dressed Up Dies to cut them out, then added some colour to the Petal Pink and Mint Macaron Stampin' Blends to the inside contours of the shoes for a little contrast. Then I stamped twelve shoes (plus two for the envelope) onto a selection of the Best Dressed Designer Series papers, choosing a selection of the small floral patterns and making sure that the shoes were stamped in a similar orientation so that the designs would co-ordinate and the shoes would look like pairs, then I fussy cut the outsides of the shoes and paper-pieced them onto the white backgrounds. Time consuming yes, but I love the finished effect!

Pick of The Pastels - I decided to mount each of my pairs of shoes on a stitched circle and used a selection of pastels inspired by the Best Dressed DSP (although I used Pool Party Instead of Mint Macaron as the latter was too dark). My sentiment was stamped in Blackberry Bliss on a shortened Stitched Rectangle to complete my card.

Here's a quick recap of our challenge rules:

1.  Create a new paper project
3.  Please link your card to no more than four challenges, TOTAL.
4.  Have FUN!

I'm looking forward to visiting your blogs this week and taking a look at your interpretation of this week's sketch.

Enjoy your day; we did all our sport Friday and yesterday, so today it's a quiet day with homework, ironing and maybe a movie. Enjoy the rest of your weekends and I'll be back tomorrow with another project. Until then, happy stampin'!

Laurie
LaurieUnited States
1/26/2020 5:57:36 PM #

This is fun!! Sooo many cute shoes it's hard to choose just one! Love this.

1/26/2020 8:03:13 PM #

These are all fabulous shoes....and I never had a pair of heels like these either!!!  But I do love to look at them!  Cute card!

Allisa
AllisaUnited States
1/26/2020 10:40:02 PM #

Great shoes, all the work was totally worth it!

Jan Clothier
Jan ClothierNew Zealand
1/27/2020 8:43:40 AM #

Oh yes... well worth the effort of matching them up and fussy cutting them. Gorgeous! Great sketch too - I hope I get time to play with it this week. Smile

Vicky
VickyUnited Kingdom
1/27/2020 11:30:35 AM #

I bet you had so much fun making these gorgeous shoes Joanne and they are totally catwalk-worthy! The paper piecing is so effective and I love how everything coordinates. Love this fun sketch too!

Hope you had a lovely quiet day with less ironing and homework than crafting and movie! Vicky x

1/28/2020 6:56:02 PM #

Now, you know that I LOVE Every pair of shoes on this card!  Your fun, stylish take on your sketch made me smile!  Such a great sketch challenge and your card would make my day if it was in my mailbox!  All that fussy cutting is perfect.  And, I do have a pair of flower heels.  I never go anywhere to wear them, but I can't part with them.  My grands wear them to play in.  LOL  They clomp around in my heels all the time.

Ann Schach
Ann SchachUnited States
1/29/2020 1:45:01 AM #

Wow! How fun is this! Great job with all of the fussy cutting, Joanne! At one time, back in the day, I had over 50 pairs of heels...but no floral ones! Someone is really going to LOVE getting this in the mail!

Stef Perry
Stef PerryUnited States
1/30/2020 12:51:09 AM #

Wow Joanne, this card is a work of love, with all the fussy cutting and paper piecing!  All that time and effort definitely paid off with this terrific card you created.  I don't wear heels anymore but I sure love looking at them, and it would be fabulous to have a pair like one of those you created!  Thanks for the great sketch, it was fun to play with!

jaydee
jaydeeUnited States
1/31/2020 9:19:45 PM #

Joanne, I am giving you the patience of the week award!  Im into fussy cutting - but this is a masterclass.  However, it was so worth it.  They remind me of some of the Manolos I own!  Great sketch, too!
hugs
jaydee

Anne Marie Hile
Anne Marie HileUnited States
1/31/2020 11:53:30 PM #

Wow! That's a lot of paper piecing! But, it really paid off because your card is stunning, Joanne! Thanks for a fun sketch this week, my friend. Hugs!

Sale-A-Bration 2020

Shop, host, join - during Sale-A-Bration there's never been a better time! Offers valid until 31st March, whilst supplies last. Download your copy of the Sale-A-Bration leaflet by clicking on the image above.

Ever thought about becoming a Stampin' Up! demonstrator?For £99, you can create your own starter kit worth £130. During Sale-Bration, you will also receive a mini paper cutter, a 6"x6" Designer Series paper Sampler pack and a stamp set of your choice! Stampin' Up! has something for everyone: join my growing team and benefit from my support to enjoy Stampin' Up! however you choose.

Current March hostess code:

RDJNFTTJ

2020 Spring-Summer Mini Catalogue

Co-ordination Product Release

Step up your co-ordination game by purchasing these exclusive products that co-ordinate with Sale-A-Bration and Spring mini catalogue items. There is no limit to how many you can order, but they are only available 4 February - 31st march whilst supplies last! Read more here.

Sale-A-Bration 2nd Release

Sale-A-Bration just got better - see all of the new products you can earn FREE with a £45/£90 order by clicking on the image above.