Heartfelt Rainbow Valentines for #GDP224 and #FF0051

by Joanne James25. January 2020 10:00

Hello blog friends! Did you miss me? This has been a great week for crafting, but not so for blogging I'm afraid. I had an unscheduled service outage that meant my Wednesday and Thursday posts didn't happen unfortunately. We are though back online and today I'm sharing one of the cards I made for this week's challenge over at the Global Design Project that is also perfect for the current challenge over at Festive Friday:

I found myself inspired by Steffi's rainbow card this week over at GDP and armed with hearts, arrows and red (and some glitter sparkle from the rhinestones) from the Festive Friday inspo list, I created this rather unconventional Valentine's Day card:

I stayed true to the layout and rainbow colours of Steffi's card with my arrows and neutral card base, but decided to feature a bold heart-shaped Valentine sentiment. also from the 'Heartfelt' stampset, that I heat-embossed in black onto Whisper White and punched out using the co-ordinating heart punch. I added a sprinkling of black hearts that I centred with some retired epoxy hearts to echo the rainbow theme. I took another picture so that you could see the lovely shine on the heart:

Rebecca took one look at this card and declared it should be her Valentine - high praise indeed and clearly demonstrating she is past the 'pink and girly' phase!

Enjoy your day; we have a hockey league match this afternoon then are off to the theatre to see JB Priestley's 'An Inspector Calls'. I remember studying this play for GCSE English some 30+ years ago, so imagine my surprise to find it's still on the syllabus - clearly an 'oldie but goodie' from an examination perspective! If I can find the time I might be back later with another GDP entry, otherwise I'll double-up tomorrow; either way and I'll be back tomorrow with another project for the latest challenge over at The Paper Players. Until then, happy stampin'!

Tags: , , , , , , ,

Cards | Shop Online | Shop Stampin' Up! Online | Stamping

Jan Clothier
Jan ClothierNew Zealand
1/27/2020 8:40:02 AM #

Totally love your rainbow Cupid's arrows! The shiny heart sentiment looks fabulous. This is a well-deserved win, Joanne!

Vicky
VickyUnited Kingdom
1/27/2020 11:41:05 AM #

This is absolutely my kind of valentine too Joanne - LOVE those arrows and the bright colours with the black!
My goodness, I think all mine did An Inspector Calls too! It is brilliant though and deserves its place on the syllabus Smile
Vicky x

Steffi Helmschrott
Steffi HelmschrottGermany
1/27/2020 2:09:26 PM #

Your card is perfect ❤︎ Thanks for sharing!

Kelsey Webster
Kelsey WebsterUnited States
1/28/2020 1:56:44 AM #

Love the rainbow arrows!

Ann Schach
Ann SchachUnited States
1/29/2020 11:01:02 PM #

Oh, wow, Joanne! I LOVE this black embossed heart! It looks awesome against the colorful arrows. I am so glad you shared this card at Festive Friday!

Miranda Webber
Miranda WebberUnited States
2/2/2020 9:07:45 PM #

Such a gorgeous card!!  Thank you for joining us!

Sharon Hashimoto Burkert
Sharon Hashimoto BurkertUnited States
2/4/2020 4:41:53 AM #

I love the rainbow arrows.  Love this happy, colorful card you created.  Thank you for stamping along with the Festive Friday challenge!

Anne Marie Hile
Anne Marie HileUnited States
2/5/2020 3:35:32 PM #

I just love that heat embossed heart against the rainbow color palette. Gorgeous! Thank you so much for joining us over at the Festive Friday Challenge!

Sale-A-Bration 2020

Shop, host, join - during Sale-A-Bration there's never been a better time! Offers valid until 31st March, whilst supplies last. Download your copy of the Sale-A-Bration leaflet by clicking on the image above.

Ever thought about becoming a Stampin' Up! demonstrator?For £99, you can create your own starter kit worth £130. During Sale-Bration, you will also receive a mini paper cutter, a 6"x6" Designer Series paper Sampler pack and a stamp set of your choice! Stampin' Up! has something for everyone: join my growing team and benefit from my support to enjoy Stampin' Up! however you choose.

Current March hostess code:

RDJNFTTJ

2020 Spring-Summer Mini Catalogue

Co-ordination Product Release

Step up your co-ordination game by purchasing these exclusive products that co-ordinate with Sale-A-Bration and Spring mini catalogue items. There is no limit to how many you can order, but they are only available 4 February - 31st march whilst supplies last! Read more here.

Sale-A-Bration 2nd Release

Sale-A-Bration just got better - see all of the new products you can earn FREE with a £45/£90 order by clicking on the image above.