Sweet Baby Duck New Baby Card for Colour Me...!

by Joanne James3. September 2014 09:30

Wednesday already? This week is zipping by! Today I'm sharing my card for this week's challenge over at Colour Me...! where we have a monochromatic colour palette to work with:

Daffodil Delight yellow - a favourite of mine! - and white. I used this week's sketch over at CAS(E) This Sketch for my layout and this is what I came up with:

A simple card where the feature is this lovely piece of Daffodil Yellow DSP from the All Abloom DSP paper stack (the little white spots remind me of bubbles!). I overlaid this with my angled panel of Whisper White, having used my Big Shot and Baby's First framelits to cut out the duck shape to allow the DSP to peek through. I finished the duck with a simple white baker's twine bow before adding my Bitty Banner 'Sweet Baby' sentiment on dimensionals for added height.

A great 'welcome baby' card that is the perfect store cupboard standby as it would be suitable for a boy or a girl - I'm also linking up with SUO Challenges as it fits nicely with their 'clean and simple' theme. Why not visit the other Colour Me...! designers and check out their takes on this week's colour combination:

Claire
Hayley
Julia
Sherrie
Tara
And our talented guest designer for September - Holly Endress

We look forward to seeing your bright monochromatic creations. Back tomorrow with another project; until then, happy stampin'!

9/3/2014 12:29:45 PM #

Joanne, this card is sooooo adorable!  I love it!  I will be CASing this one.  The little duck stands out on the gorgeous daffodil delight DSP!  This card is perfect!  XX

9/3/2014 10:32:41 PM #

Thank you Claire - the little duck is such a cutie isn't he? xx

Elisabeth
ElisabethGermany
9/3/2014 4:05:17 PM #

This card is absolutly WOW!!!
Elisabeth

9/3/2014 10:41:31 PM #

Thank you so much Elisabeth - so glad you like it! thanks for popping by to leave such a kind comment!

Julie Gearinger
Julie GearingerUnited States
9/3/2014 4:50:59 PM #

Joanne, this is so cute!! Love the layout with the sketch and the use of the framelits- perfect CAS card!! Thanks for playing along with us at SUO Challenges Smile

9/3/2014 10:56:05 PM #

Thank you Julie - it's taken me a while to get the hang of 'clean and simple', but now that I'm there I think it's a fun style!

Tara Bourgoin
Tara BourgoinCanada
9/3/2014 7:02:23 PM #

This is just too cute for words! I absolutely love what you have done with the negative space from the duck. What a great design!!

9/3/2014 11:01:57 PM #

Thanks Tara - glad you like my cute duck silhouette!

Taunya Butler
Taunya ButlerUnited States
9/4/2014 11:09:19 PM #

What a very amazingly cute card!! Love the duck being punched out - all very well done and very pleasing!!

9/5/2014 11:53:21 AM #

Thank you Taunya - he is a sweetie, isn't he? I don't know why, but I think it's a boy duck, despite the gender-neutral yellow! Thanks for popping by.

Leigh Penner
Leigh PennerCanada
9/5/2014 4:38:16 AM #

Oh, I love this! Super sweet take on the sketch!

9/5/2014 11:54:05 AM #

Thanks Leigh - so kind of you to leave a kind comment!

Connie Babbert
Connie BabbertUnited States
9/6/2014 3:29:09 PM #

THIS IS SOOOOO CUTE!  I love how CAS, but DARLING this card is!  Thanks for playing along with the SUO CAS Challenge this time!

9/8/2014 9:37:04 AM #

Thanks Connie! I used to struggle with the whole idea of 'CAS', now I find it is becoming more my 'go to' style! Glad you like the cute duck!

Karen Barber
Karen BarberUnited States
9/8/2014 1:46:47 AM #

This is CAS PERFECTION, and I may have to CASE this one - wowee zowee I LOVE This!!!!

9/8/2014 9:37:31 AM #

I'm honoured that you think so Karen - thanks so much!

Hayley's Paper Garden
Hayley's Paper GardenCanada
9/8/2014 5:01:35 AM #

Joanne this card is truly precious! What a neat use for the framelit, very clever!!! Smile Back from vacation, move finished, still unpacking but back to blogging have missed you gals! Smile

9/8/2014 9:38:20 AM #

Thanks Hayley! Glad to have you back - we've missed you too! Hugs xx

Cindy Brumbaugh
Cindy BrumbaughUnited States
9/8/2014 6:06:36 AM #

JoAnne, this is fantastic! Absolutely adore it- what a great design! TFSSmile

9/8/2014 9:39:13 AM #

Thanks Cindy - so glad you like it! I've had the idea floating around for a while, but the sketch just seemed to add that extra something!

Greta H
Greta HUnited States
9/9/2014 2:00:12 AM #

Absolutely darling card!  One of the cutest baby cards ever!

Current July hostess code:

WPMS44B7

Bonus Days Are Back!

Spend £45 or more in July and receive a £4.50 voucher to use against August purchases. Read more here