Sweet Ice Cream - Oh I Do Like To Be Beside The Seaside!

by Joanne James4. September 2014 22:14

Apologies for my late post today lovely blog readers - I have had a very busy 'making' day trying desperately to get ahead of myself for once, but as a result I'm late posting; I guess I just cant do it all!! So I'll keep today's post short and sweet - literally! - and share today's card that I made for this week's challenge over at Less Is More where there is a song theme again, using this week's colour scheme over at Pal Paper Arts:

The song theme over at Less is More is 'Oh I do like to be beside the seaside'. I almost didn't make a card this week (I wasn't sure you wanted to see another Sea Street crab or lobster card!) when I was musing about what the seaside means to me and I found myself thinking about ice cream; I mean, a cornet is an intrinsic part of any trip to the seaside, right? When I was at the seaside in Minehead a couple of weeks ago, I had the most delicious forest fruits ice cream in an Italian waffle cone, so with this in mind I thought I would use the above colours to create my ice cream. So, here is my card:

I had some Stampin' Up! notelets out on my desk for another project and decided to use one as the base for my card, as they are more sturdy than Whisper White so perfect for a CAS card like this. I simply added a strip of Hello honey striped DSP from the Moonlight DSP paper stack and made a punch art ice cream cone, first scoring a piece of Crumb Cake with my Simply Scored Scoring Tool and cutting out by hand. For the ice cream itself, I stamped the cream swirl from the Cupcake party stamp set in Versamark, once on Hello Honey and once on Blackberry Bliss, then heat embossed with white embossing powder and punched out with my Cupcake Builder Punch. I also punched out a little Blackberry Bliss cherry using the punch, and covered it in crystal effects to add shine and dimension - this looks so cool in real life! I finished my card with the 'Sweet!' sentiment from the 'Bravo' stamp set, which somehow seemed appropriate for something so delicious!

Hope you like today's card; back tomorrow with another project. until then, happy stampin'!

linda callahan
linda callahanUnited States
9/5/2014 1:08:45 AM #

Your ice cream cone is adorable!  Your card is definitely sweet!  So glad you shared it at PPA!

9/5/2014 11:50:20 AM #

Thanks Linda - I've seen so many variations of punch art ice cream cones and never tried one, so this is a first for me!

Katy McGloin
Katy McGloinUnited States
9/5/2014 2:30:20 AM #

What a great use for the cupcake image and punch!!  You said it....  SWEET!  Thanks for playing along with the PPA color challenge this week!!

9/5/2014 11:51:02 AM #

Thanks Katy - I was wondering what I was ever going to use that sentiment for - perfect for this card!

Darnell
DarnellUnited States
9/5/2014 3:50:26 AM #

Mmmm, yummo, Joanne! I see a cone of blackberry and lemon flavors and it has me salivating! You are right, it's perfect for a seaside theme!! Thanks for playing at LIM!! Hugs, Darnell

9/5/2014 11:52:12 AM #

Thank you Darnell! I was a little worried when I linked up in the gallery and could see I was the only person with an ice-cream, so I'm glad you like it!

Sarah
SarahUnited Kingdom
9/5/2014 12:08:43 PM #

Super fun and gorgeous colours Joanne.
Love your take on the beach.
thanks for taking part
Sarah
Less is More

9/5/2014 6:37:48 PM #

Thanks Sarah - it was either ice cream or another Sea Street crab, so the ice cream won!

Chrissie
ChrissieUnited Kingdom
9/5/2014 10:17:57 PM #

This is a fun interpretation of the challenge Joanne... I can just see people walking along the prom having a '99'!
Super card.
Thanks so much
Chrissie
"Less is More"

9/8/2014 9:34:44 AM #

Thanks Chrissie! I think I was a little lone ice-cream eater this week, judging by the gallery, but what visit to the seaside is complete without a '99?!

Anne
AnneUnited Kingdom
9/6/2014 6:50:51 PM #

Yum!  Love the way you made ice cream with the cup cake stamp Joanne!
Thanks so much for joining us at Less is More
Anne
LIM Designer

9/8/2014 9:35:34 AM #

Thanks Anne - I've never made a punch art ice cream before and the new cupcake stamp so reminds me of a Mr Whippy I just had to have a go!

Maarit N. Persson
Maarit N. PerssonSweden
9/7/2014 7:32:13 PM #

Such a cool card!

Warm hugs
Maarit

9/8/2014 9:36:02 AM #

Thanks Maarit - thanks for popping by to leave such a nice comment!

ShannonJ
ShannonJUnited States
9/8/2014 6:39:42 PM #

What a fun card! I love how you used the cupcake as ice cream...definitely thinking outside the box! Thanks for playing along with the Pals Paper Arts color challenge this week!

Kerry Willard Bray
Kerry Willard BrayUnited States
9/10/2014 4:33:28 AM #

Adorable! Such an incredibly fun card! Thanks for sharing it with us, Joanne!

Autumn Winter Catalogue

Current August hostess code:

CVAQTGE2

Spend Your Bonus Day Coupons!

Spend your £4.50 vouchers earned in July on your Stampin' Up! purchases before 31st August.

Paper Pumpkin Is Coming!