Amazing Birthday Card for Colour Me...! Card Challenge

by Joanne James26. November 2014 10:00

Today's card is for this week's Colour Me...! card challenge where we have are working with a playful palette of pinks and purples with a spot of Coastal Cabana:

I took the opportunity to ink up my Amazing Birthday stamp set for the first time. This was one of the sets I received free at Stampin' Up! Convention in Brussels this year and it was really tough not to buy it before I went, as I think it's a really versatile stamp that will get lots of use. Here's today's card:

I used Elegant Eggplant for my card base, then mounted a panel of Perfect Plum that I had dry embossed with the large polka dot embossing folder. I tied some thick Coastal Cabana baker's twine around the embossed panel before adhering to my card base. I stamped the main image in Elegant Eggplant on Whisper White, but also stamped it separately in Rose Red and Costal Cabana and fussy cut a couple of panels and overlaid them onto my main panel to add a pop of colour. To finish, I added a couple of rhinestones to my main panel which I first coloured wit my Coastal Cabana Blendabilities and a trio of Rose Red candy dots to the embossed panel.

This card could be made in lots of different colourways and would make a great 'storecupboard standby' that works for both male and female. As someone who is a big fan of purple though, this colour combination really works for me. I might have to go and make a few more!

Feel free to leave a comment on today's card, before hopping over to check out the amazing cards by the rest of the Colour Me...! team:

Claire
Hayley
Julia
Sherrie
Tara
And our talented guest designer for November - Anita Bowden

We look forward to seeing your playful creations - what do these colours inspire you to create?

Back tomorrow with another project; until then, happy stampin'!

Leslie Humphrey
Leslie HumphreyUnited States
11/26/2014 8:47:19 PM #

Eye candy!! Love your card and the saying.

Joanne JamesUnited Kingdom
11/27/2014 9:01:14 PM #

Thanks Leslie - I just love the bold colours on this card!

Karen S
Karen SUnited Kingdom
11/27/2014 3:34:47 PM #

A great card, lovely colours and a good sentiment! x

Joanne JamesUnited Kingdom
11/27/2014 9:02:06 PM #

Thanks Karen - I think this is one of those stamps that you can do so much with and achieve lots of different effects.

Pauline A
Pauline AUnited Kingdom
11/28/2014 12:29:04 PM #

Pretty x

Hayley's Paper Garden
Hayley's Paper GardenCanada
12/1/2014 6:20:03 PM #

Excellent job Joanne Smile Love that set and fun use of the thicker bakers twine!

Anita
AnitaUnited Kingdom
12/1/2014 10:59:53 PM #

I love all your layered panels and this colour combo is so fab isn't it.  You've created such great texture, Joanne.  Thanks for all your lovely comments and for making me feel so welcome on your team for the last month. Hugs x

12/3/2014 2:43:33 AM #

These colors look fabulous on your card!  I adore this stamp set.  This is such a bright and cheery birthday card!  I love it!  XX

Bonus Days are back! Between 1-31 July, for every £45 you spend earn a £4.50 coupon that can be used against purchases in August. Read all about it here.

Current July hostess code: