Autumn /Fall Home Decor Frame

by Joanne James29. August 2014 19:08

It's Friday and I've had the most productive day today - and it's not over yet! Today I'm sharing a lovely piece of autumn (or fall, if you're American) home décor, similar to a piece by Sara Douglas that Shelli Gardner shared on her blog recently. It features a lovely new stamp set from the new seasonal catalogue called 'Gratitude For Days', along with some gorgeous Autumn Wooden Elements embellishments that are also a new item. Here is my finished frame:

I used the stamps in the set to create a circular wreath-like pattern, using a cotton bud (cue-tip) to add some sponged colour to the centre of the leaves. I added three wooden leaves and some gold sequins, finishing with the sentiment, which I stamped in Baked Brown Sugar onto Hello Honey cardstock, and finished with a bow tied in gold baker's twine. Here's a close up of the detail:

A great reminder that we have lots to be thankful for and quite simple to create. I'm really pleased with the result - I'm already working on a winter-themed one so that I will have a seasonal pair.

Short and sweet from me today; back tomorrow with another project. Until then, happy stampin'!

Wendie Waldman
Wendie WaldmanUnited States
8/29/2014 9:20:35 PM #

Lovely!

8/29/2014 9:36:32 PM #

Thanks Wendie!

Jodi McKinney
Jodi McKinneyUnited States
8/30/2014 12:38:32 AM #

So sweet!

8/30/2014 9:30:11 PM #

Thanks Jodi - glad you like it!

8/30/2014 12:50:47 PM #

Oh Joanne, this is absolutely gorgeous!  I might have to CAS your idea for a few gifts!  You are so creative and I love your work!  You inspire me!  Thank you for being such a great new cyber friend!  I am glad we found each other!  XX

I don't think there is glass on this?  Right?

8/30/2014 9:34:25 PM #

Claire that is so sweet of you to say - and CASE away, my friend - I think these frames would make a great gift and you could produce a few without it taking too much time. So glad to have found you too!! And there is glass on the frame - I sometimes photograph it without as if does make it trickier to photograph, but it wasn't too bad on this one (if you look really closely, you can see a very faint reflection on the bottom right of the frame). xx

Sale-A-Bration 2020

Shop, host, join - during Sale-A-Bration there's never been a better time! Offers valid until 31st March, whilst supplies last. Download your copy of the Sale-A-Bration leaflet by clicking on the image above.

Ever thought about becoming a Stampin' Up! demonstrator?For £99, you can create your own starter kit worth £130. During Sale-Bration, you will also receive a mini paper cutter, a 6"x6" Designer Series paper Sampler pack and a stamp set of your choice! Stampin' Up! has something for everyone: join my growing team and benefit from my support to enjoy Stampin' Up! however you choose.

Current February hostess code:

N7UTJ3DY

2020 Spring-Summer Mini Catalogue

Co-ordination Product Release

Step up your co-ordination game by purchasing these exclusive products that co-ordinate with Sale-A-Bration and Spring mini catalogue items. There is no limit to how many you can order, but they are only available 4 February - 31st march whilst supplies last! Read more here.