Holiday Home Through The Seasons Home Decor Frame - and my last Design Team post over at The Paper Players!

by Joanne James7. December 2014 07:00

It's Sunday and time for my Design Team post over at The Paper Players - and my last one, as my 6 month post has come to an end, boo hoo! These ladies have been an awesome bunch of people to work with and are a source of immense talent and inspiration. I shall miss designing with them, but will of course continue to play along with their weekly challenges.

This week Nance has a great challenge for us, to see out the end of the year in style - it is a 'black tie' challenge, to showcase holiday projects that are fancy:

I am sharing a rather different project today, which is not Christmas-specific but was designed using the Holiday Home stamp set and co-ordinating framelits from the Autumn-Winter seasonal catalogue and would make a lovely Christmas present to celebrate each and every season. Judging by the time it took me to complete it, I think it definitely qualifies as fancy! I made a 3D frame with a house for each month of the year, each one celebrating the seasons and events relevant to each month.

Here is my completed frame:

Each month is a little mini piece of artwork all by itself, with everything from a snowman and the winter snow to the shamrocks for St Patricks Day, summer sunshine and holiday aeroplanes to the autumn apple harvest, Halloween pumpkins and Santa and his reindeer and lots more in between. Each section uses a variety of papers, ribbons, embossing and colouring - far too many to list! If you have specific questions on any of the rectangles, please leave a comment below or drop me an email and I will be happy to provide further detail.

I hope you like my final Paper Players Design Team project; hop on over to the challenge blog to see what the others have come up with this week - as always there are some amazing projects! Do continue to visit and see what I come up with for future challenges as a participant and to the rest of the lovely Paper Players team and other guest designers, thanks a bunch ladies - you are all awesome and it's been a real pleasure working with you!

Back tomorrow with another project; until then, happy stampin'!

Viv ( Daizy-Mae)
Viv ( Daizy-Mae)United Kingdom
12/7/2014 3:11:05 PM #

Wow this is so pretty Joanne, I love it ;) Viv xx

Yapha
YaphaUnited States
12/7/2014 4:30:24 PM #

Oh, Joanne, this is incredible! What an amazing project. Each month is perfect! I have really enjoyed being a guest designer with you. Happy Holidays!

12/7/2014 4:46:54 PM #

Joanne, this is AMAZING!!!!!!!!!  It is a work of art!  You are just so creative!  Anyone would LOVE this as a gift!  You have been such a pleasure to work with!  XX

Kathy James
Kathy JamesUnited Kingdom
12/7/2014 4:47:36 PM #

Beautiful - so unusual, but inspirational - I love it!

Ann
AnnAustralia
12/7/2014 7:30:26 PM #

This is absolutely gorgeous and so different.  Thanks for sharing.

Sandy M
Sandy MUnited States
12/8/2014 1:03:32 AM #

Oh my goodness, Joanne! This definately qualifies as fancy! How wonderful that you made a box for each month of the year. Such wonderful eye candy! Thanks for being part of our team for the last six months. I've enjoyed crafting with you, and each and every one of your beautiful creations! Hugs!

Laurie schmidt
Laurie schmidtUnited States
12/8/2014 1:14:27 AM #

This sure did require lots of work, but well worth it! It's awesome! I have enjoyed being a GD with you at PP!

Gale S.
Gale S.United States
12/8/2014 1:48:50 AM #

What a fantastic work of art! I enjoyed all of the details for each month.

jaydee
jaydeeUnited States
12/9/2014 3:01:25 AM #

Joanne, it's been wonderful having you along as a GD these last few months.  Thank you for your gorgeous projects - and inspiration.  What a great way to finish off your time as  GD.  This project really is a beautiful work of art - and very fancy!  Fabulous.
hugs
jaydee

Nance Lempinen-Leedy
Nance Lempinen-LeedyUnited States
12/9/2014 1:25:34 PM #

Joanne, you amaze me every week--this is incredible!  Each little scene is a work of art and perfectly designed.  I always enjoy seeing what wicked clever ideas you've come up with.  It has been a real pleasure working with you on the team.  Your creativity is inspiring and infectious!  Thank you!  ((hugs))

Ann Schach
Ann SchachUnited States
12/11/2014 7:30:41 PM #

This is absolutely adorable, Joanne! It doesn't get any cuter than this.  What a perfect gift this would make! Quick question...what size are the rectangles? I have loved having you on the Design Team.  Your work was always wonderful.   I will miss your creativity and inspiration...

12/12/2014 3:59:28 AM #

This has GOT to be the most clever little project I've ever seen.....I didn't realize when I saw it on the PP blog that each house was for a month of the year!  That makes it even CUTER!  How much time you must have spent on it...but what a priceless work of stampin' art!  I LOVE it!

Andrea W
Andrea WUnited States
12/13/2014 12:49:12 PM #

Very cool! This is definitely a fun project and a great gift. I love all the detail you added in each little scene. It's been wonderful getting to know you while creating together as guest designers at The Paper Players. Wishing you a very Merry Christmas!

Marybeth
MarybethUnited States
12/15/2014 3:03:43 PM #

Hi,Joanne! I can't tell you how much I love your 12 month framed sampler! It is absolutely darling! I cannot wait to start working on one for myself,after Christmas. This is the best idea and a perfect project for us card makers ,what a fun way to frame what we do all year! Brilliant and I am so happy you shared your work of love! Happy I saw this too! It's darling!!!!!!!

Diana
DianaUnited States
2/22/2015 12:15:16 AM #

Would like to know the size of the frame and the size of the rectangles.  Awesome sampler.

Donna
DonnaCanada
10/11/2015 1:38:41 AM #

I would like to know the size of the rectangles.  I pinned this earlier in the year, but I think I would like to get started on it for Christmas gifts.  It is really lovely!  Thanks

Autumn Winter Catalogue

Current August hostess code:

CVAQTGE2

Spend Your Bonus Day Coupons!

Spend your £4.50 vouchers earned in July on your Stampin' Up! purchases before 31st August.

Paper Pumpkin Is Coming!