Always in My Heart Ombre Stripe Anniversary Card

by Joanne James14. February 2021 11:00

Today I'm sharing another card using that oh-so-pretty floral die, this time using this week's Global Design Project #GDP278 sketch. Those pretty pink stripes and florals were also inspired by the pastel-striped biscuits in the good-enough-to-eat inspiration photo over at Time Out this week and I'm also having a second entry over at Addicted to CAS where the theme is hearts:

My card is all heart for sure with my white floral version - take a look:

I used a few narrow strips cut from some left over pieces of Oh So Ombre DSP (gotta love a Sale-A-Bration freebie!) I decided to make this card a clean and simple anniversary card, so added a silver heat-embossed sentiment to the banner that also comes in the Floral Heart Dies set. I've not used this before but I really like the way it folds and the stitched detailing. A sprinking of Rococco Rose sequins separated from my Woven Threads sequin assortment complete my card:

I love the clean and delicate appearance of this card, with the soft pinks against the white. Very romantic, don't you think?!

Enjoy your day and I'll be back tomorrow with another project. Until then, happy stampin'!

2/14/2021 10:13:30 PM #

Wowza, this is stunning!  So striking with the ombre and white with silver embossing. Just gorgeous!

Jill V
Jill VCanada
2/15/2021 1:56:45 PM #

I love how you combined the graphic ombre stripes with the delicate heart frame - they pair beautifully! The sentiment banner is the perfect finishing touch. Thanks so much for playing along with us at TIME OUT! Jill

Jan Clothier
Jan ClothierNew Zealand
2/15/2021 9:21:10 PM #

What a pretty addition the ombre stripes are! Simple, yet very effective.

Nancy
NancyUnited States
2/15/2021 10:28:52 PM #

I would have to agree that this card is clean and elegant Joanne! Love the ombre stripes too! Have a great week!

Deborah Wheeler
Deborah WheelerUnited Kingdom
2/15/2021 10:30:30 PM #

Love the subtle effect on this card - really beautiful

Fran Wing
Fran WingUnited States
2/17/2021 11:39:40 PM #

Joanne, this is a beautiful card! I have a strong preference for white on white cards and your subtle colored background is lovely. Thanks for joining us in our "Hearts" challenge at ATCAS. xoxo, Fran

foleysfriend
foleysfriendCanada
2/22/2021 4:17:31 AM #

The beautiful ombre strips are a lovely background for the intricate heart die. The sentiment banner is so elegant. This is a great anniversary card. Thanks for joining us at Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge.

sue n.

foleysfriend
foleysfriendCanada
2/23/2021 3:49:33 AM #

Oops! I meant Thanks for joining us at Addicted to CAS. Apologies for any confusion.

sue n.

Sale-A-Bration 2021 Is Here!

Sale-A-Bration is here! Choose a FREE product with every £45 or £90 you spend between 5 January-28 February. Click on the image above to view the brochure!

January-June 2021 Mini Catalogue

The new Stampin' Up! January-June 2021 Mini Catalogue is here - click on the image to download your copy!

Current February hostess code:

QJBRZGPT

What's more, if you join between 5 January - 28 February during Sale-A-Bration, you will receive an additional 5 packs of colour designer series paper too - for FREE!

Stampin Cut and Emboss

The Mini Stampin' Cut And Emboss Machine Is Here!

Crafting has never looked this good! Contact me to get yours today. Available from January 5th.