Kick Up Your Heels With Darling Donkeys CCS 407

by Joanne James16. February 2021 13:00

It's Tuesday and time for a new challenge over at CAS Colours & Sketches. Julie is hosting this month and this week we have a colour challenge:

The colour palette gave me the perfect reason to break out 'Darling Donkeys' again, which is also perfect to link up with the challenge over at Global Design Project #GDP279 where their theme this week is 'animal' - and mine is ready to party! Take a look:

Darling Donkeys - I couldn't resist these sweet little donkeys again for my card, today featuring the frolicking donkey on the front of my card, rather than the sweet seated one that I've used on all my previous cards, although I did add one of those to the inside:

Kick Up Your Heels - I thought this donkey would be perfect for a birthday card, and his happy demeanour reminded me of the zebras in the 'Zaony Zebras' stamp set. So I borrowed a sentiment that seemed equally appropriate for a party-going donkey as a fun-loving zebra, along with a party hat, and got my donkey ready to celebrate!

Circles, Circles - I was really pleased with how I met the 'clean and simple' brief this week - lots of white space, minimal layers and patterns and one main focal point. I did use a circle shape to tie my design together: the stitched circle background for my donkey, the circular pattern on my strips of designer paper and the polka dots on his party hat. A subtle detail but a clever way to create harmony in my CAS design:

As a reminder, for our colour challenges, you must use all of the stated challenge colours. You may also use neutral colours; however, the challenge colours should be the most noticeable ones featured on your card. We use Stampin' Up! color names for reference, but you are welcome to use any other companies' products as long as you match the challenge colours as closely as possible.

The James Juniors are on half term this week so in an effot to keep them off their screens and give them a proper break from home schooling, I am being a very hands-on parent this week. So not much crafting from me, unless they are in tow! Enjoy your day and I'll be back tomorrow with another project. Until then, happy stampin'!

JulieP
JuliePUnited States
2/16/2021 1:50:40 PM #

You're creating some fabulous cards with these donkeys!!!  I love his party hat!

Vicky
VickyUnited Kingdom
2/16/2021 2:34:21 PM #

I can see you have fallen in love with these donkeys Joanne! I love the circle motif (dsp, background for the donkey and his hat) and you're right, it really does pull everything together. Love the sentiment and how it fits so perfectly in the space - this is a fabulous card!
Have a good half term. So glad you're giving the juniors a break. I have neighbours that are so concerned their kids will fall behind that they are continuing through half term. Where will this madness end? Vicky x

Deborah Wheeler
Deborah WheelerUnited Kingdom
2/17/2021 8:38:39 PM #

I do love these donkeys - they are so cute!

Su Mohr
Su MohrUnited States
2/19/2021 3:58:27 AM #

What a cute card, Joanne! The clean & simple design really shows off the cute donkey!Thanks for sharing at Global Design Project!

2/19/2021 7:32:23 PM #

THIS is adorable!  I love that little donkey!  Your card made me smile!

Samantha Johnson
Samantha JohnsonUnited States
2/21/2021 12:50:55 PM #

What a darling card.

Sale-A-Bration 2021 Is Here!

Sale-A-Bration is here! Choose a FREE product with every £45 or £90 you spend between 5 January-28 February. Click on the image above to view the brochure!

January-June 2021 Mini Catalogue

The new Stampin' Up! January-June 2021 Mini Catalogue is here - click on the image to download your copy!

Current February hostess code:

QJBRZGPT

What's more, if you join between 5 January - 28 February during Sale-A-Bration, you will receive an additional 5 packs of colour designer series paper too - for FREE!

Stampin Cut and Emboss

The Mini Stampin' Cut And Emboss Machine Is Here!

Crafting has never looked this good! Contact me to get yours today. Available from January 5th.