Have A Hoot Punny Owl I Want For Christmas Card

by Joanne James25. August 2020 08:00

Today I'm sharing a card for this week's Inspired By challenge where it's all about the punny sentiment:

I love a good punny sentiment and a quick perusal of current stamp sets and I knew exactly where I was headed. I used the sketch layout this week too - take a look:

Have A Hoot - Yes, this adorable pair of loved-up owls and that festive punny sentiment 'owl I want for Christmas is you!' were a perfect fit for the challenge! I coloured my little scene with Blends and diecut my feathered friends and popped them up on dimensionals for a little lift, within their framed circle. I also added a little simple stamped detail inside my card:

Plaid Tidings - The colour scheme for my card was inspired by one of the many lovely patterns in the Plaid Tidings set, with a combination of Crumb Cake, Shaded Spruce, Cherry Cobbler and Whisper White. I used each of the colours in my layers, finishing with the Cherry Cobbler top panel for a festive touch.

It's All In The Details - I added a sprig of mistletoe, complete with pearl berries and tied with some retired baker's twine, to the top of my window, perfectly positioned above my owls, and I also added some small rhinestones to the snowflakes for a little festive sparkle:

I'm also sharing today's card over at Christmas Kickstart where the challenge is 'Christmas Birds' - in truth, I'm not sure whether an owl constitutes a Christmas bird but these two are definitely set for Christmas so hopefully the ladies over there will appreciate it!

Enjoy your day and I'll be back tomorrow with another project. Until then, happy stampin'!

Kimberly Burdette
Kimberly BurdetteUnited States
8/25/2020 12:19:52 PM #

Oh this is adorable!!!!  What a sweet Christmas card! Thanks for listing everything you used to make it.

Linda W. (ScrappinBari)
Linda W. (ScrappinBari)United States
8/26/2020 9:02:05 PM #

Darling pair of owls, Joanne - just love how you featured them in the circle with the mistletoe above! Pretty plaid papers too!!

Stef Perry
Stef PerryUnited States
8/26/2020 10:18:24 PM #

Those owls are just delightful (a hoot, perhaps?), as is the accompanying punny sentiment! You used the perfect plaid paper and the mistletoe hanging overhead is such a sweet touch!   Love this!

Marcia  Hill
Marcia HillUnited States
8/26/2020 11:32:33 PM #

Your card with the two sweet owls is absolutely ADORABLE Joanne, and I'm loving the plaid background too!  Thanks so much for sharing this fun card with us at Christmas Kickstart!!  :0)

LEANNE M PUGLIESE
LEANNE M PUGLIESEUnited States
8/27/2020 10:58:24 AM #

This IS adorable....love those cute little owls!  Your layout and choice of papers is spot on too!  What a hoot!

Jo Avery
Jo AveryUnited Kingdom
8/30/2020 5:52:41 PM #

What an adorable card - I love owls so much and these two are just gorgeous. Thanks for playing at Christmas Kickstart, sorry I'm a little late with my comment - it's been a busy few days! Jo x

danni reid
danni reidUnited States
8/30/2020 8:44:00 PM #

I LOVE punny  Christmas cards and this is so ADORABLE!  Thank you for inspiring us this week @ IB, we can't wait to see more of your cards!

Jan Clothier
Jan ClothierNew Zealand
8/30/2020 9:20:39 PM #

This is adorable! What I really love the most is your clever framing of the cute pair of owls by making them look as though they're in a hanging bauble. The plaid background suits perfectly too.

Autumn Winter Catalogue

Current November hostess code:

469YSGD2

The Stampin' Cut And Emboss Machine (standard size) Is Here!

Crafting has never looked this good! Contact me to get yours today.

Paper Pumpkin Is Here!

Share joy with the global Joy To The World Paper Pumpkin Kit! Available 3 November whilst stocks last!