Tea Together Mother's Day Card for PP426

by Joanne James27. January 2019 09:00

Today it's Sunday and time for this week's new challenge over at The Paper Players! It's the turn of the talented Jaydee to host this week and she has my favourite, a sketch challenge, for you to work with:

Today's card is something of a departure from my usual 'clean' style and is choc-full of detail, so I hope you like it! I've gone pastel with this week's Global Design Project colours and whilst not for Valentine's my card is definitely all about love so is perfect for the Stamp Ink Paper challenge too - take a look:

Time For Tea - The moment I laid eyes on the 'Tea Together' stamp set in the Spring-Summer catalogue, I knew it would have to find it's way into my shopping basket: as a self-confessed 'teapot' who often drinks between 6 and 8 cups of tea a day, it was bound to appeal, but the clincher was that it was paired with some wonderful Mother's Day sentiments too and the only person I know who drinks more tea each day than me is my Mum, so it seemed a perfect choice. Add to this the fact that the co-ordinating Tea Together Framelits Dies that cut out each of the elements, including the flowers, are available free during Sale-A-Bration with a £90 purchase and that was it - decision made! I decided to continue with my watercolouring phase and for today's teacup and flowers, as it suited the subtle, pastel colours and coloured, cut and layered until I was happy with the result.

Flourishes and Lace - I added additional detail to my background with a combination of an embossed panel - check out that fabulous lace effect detail - and some Petal Pink flourishes, carefully snipped from the new Beautifully Detailed Laser-Cut Paper, which is helpfully already coloured Petal Pink on one side (and white on the other side). Along with a few punched flowers and pearls, I'm really going for the vintage look and feel today.

A Mother's Love - I've been liberal with my interpretation of Jaydee's sketch, but you can still see the basic circular shape represented by my tea cup full of flowers and my horizontal overlaid sentiment, accentuated by stamping only part of the sentiment on the teacup and substituting the masked word 'love' with a stacked diecut, courtesy of the Well Written Framelits. Whilst I would definitely agree with the sentiment on the front of this card, the sentiment from the 'Tea Together' set really is one of the most wonderful we have had in a stamp set for a long time:

The perfect finishing touch for my Mother's Day card. Here is the visual summary of the key products used on today's project for you to pin for easy reference:

The Paper Players Design Team
Here's a quick recap of our challenge rules:

1.  Create a new paper project
3.  Please link your card to no more than four challenges, TOTAL.
4.  Have FUN!

Enjoy your day; we are finishing up on our homework today along with the dreaded tax returns (each year I tell myself I will make time to process them well in advance of the deadline, yet it never happens!) Hopefully I will finish in time to sneak into my craft room for a quick make or two. Either way, I'll be back tomorrow with another project. Until then, happy stampin'!

Jan Clothier
Jan ClothierNew Zealand
1/27/2019 8:14:45 PM #

What a beauty, Joanne! The layers of flowers and swirls over that gorgeous embossed background are not OTT because of your skill in layering them and the softness and compatibility of the colours. It's gorgeous! Good to see your blog is back up and running - I tried to comment on last week's piece of loveliness but got knocked back all the time.

Anne Marie Hile
Anne Marie HileUnited States
1/27/2019 10:04:47 PM #

Joanne, I have to laugh. You always have the ability to convince me to buy the sets, I wasn’t all that interested in to begin with. Haha! This is absolutely stunning! The soft shades, the beautiful details…there is so much to love. I’m very inspired with your color combo, as well. Just gorgeous!

Su Mohr
Su MohrUnited States
1/28/2019 3:09:09 PM #

Joanne, your Mother’s Day card is fabulous! I love all the texture and layers! Beautifully colored too!

1/30/2019 12:44:03 PM #

Wowza, this is stunning!  I thought these were punched-out diecuts and am very impressed that you colored these yourself, although you are an amazing artist, so I don't know why I was surprised!  A beautiful creation for your mum, she'll love it!

1/30/2019 6:43:37 PM #

Joanne, Your Mum will ADORE this beautiful creation!  I know it was made with love!  So many textures and layers of wonderfulness!  The colors are so pretty and calming!  You certainly made this sketch shine!  Have a lovely week, My Friend!  XX

Ann Schach
Ann SchachUnited States
1/31/2019 4:11:22 AM #

Absolutely stunning, Joanne! I truly was not going to buy the Cup of Tea set, but I think this card just changed my mind! Your mom will love it!

Jaydee
JaydeeUnited States
2/1/2019 3:15:36 PM #

Joanne, I love this beautifully feminine card.  All the swirls and flowers and pretty colors just seem to echo that wonderful sentiment.  Fabulous take on the sketch
hugs
jaydee

Wanda Cullen
Wanda CullenUnited States
2/1/2019 8:17:30 PM #

What a stunning card in the lovely pastels and with a Victorian style to the design! Your mom will absolutely love this card!

Laurie
LaurieUnited States
2/1/2019 9:11:43 PM #

Your blooms are gorgeous and I LOVE that sentiment!

Current June hostess code:

TBSAWQXE

Stampin' Storage

Stampin' Up! has introduced a new line of modular storage - read all about it here.