Holiday Pines Hug In A Mug For PP369

by Joanne James5. November 2017 09:00

It's Sunday and time for this week's new challenge over at The Paper Players! My good friend LeAnne is the hostess this week and she has a seasonal theme for us to work with:

I was rather pressed for time this week and had been wanting to play along with the team over at Merry Monday with that fun inspiration photo so took the opportunity to use some of my hoarded retired Adventure Bound DSP along with my new 'Hug In A Mug' Stamp Set and combined the two to come up with this card - take a look:

My pines were in-situ and ready to go so I simply heat-embossed my sentiment in white, having already created a shadow in Early Espresso, to enable it to stand out against the wood effect DSP, fussing cut my little mug and added some puffy frosting to my hot chocolate having added white embossing powder to Tombo glue and heated it to create the puffy effect - I made a video tutorial on this technique previously that you can see here. I added a stamped striped candy cane and that was my card done - so easy to recreate.

This card is destined for a good friend of mine who recently emigrated to the USA; I miss our chats over coffee so I know this is one piece of happy mail that will surely brighten her day.

The Paper Players Design Team
 Jaydee
Laurie Schmidt
Nance Leedy
Sandy Mathis
 Annie Abrahamson
Deanne K
Jan Clothier

Here's a quick recap of our challenge rules:

1.  Create a new paper project
3.  Please link your card to no more than four challenges, TOTAL.
4.  Have FUN!

I look forward to seeing what you create with this week's theme. Enjoy the rest of your weekend as it will be over all too quickly; I'll be back tomorrow with another project; until then, happy stampin'!

Nance Leedy
Nance LeedyUnited States
11/5/2017 2:01:20 PM #

Such a darling card, Joanne!  So many great tips too--shadow sponging before the embossed sentiment being chief among them.  Great idea!  Your color choices of soft sky and red compliment the rustic paper perfectly.  I think I've hoarded that same pack but your card is worthy of sharing the love!

Laurie
LaurieUnited States
11/5/2017 5:24:09 PM #

I love the rustic feel to this card Joanne! Very festive and so COZY!!!

jaydee
jaydeeUnited States
11/5/2017 6:33:57 PM #

Joanne, brilliant idea to bring out that DSP - it's perfect for the challenge and I love that you paired it with the warm beverage and sentiment.  Fabulous card.
hugs
jaydee

Jan Clothier
Jan ClothierNew Zealand
11/5/2017 6:34:38 PM #

Oh my word - that tip about the puffy white is so great! I can see why you've hoarded that paper, too. Your card is a lovely combination of old and new, Joanne.

Debbie Henderson
Debbie HendersonUnited States
11/5/2017 11:36:08 PM #

Great card, I wish we still had this paper! Thanks for playing Merry Monday!

11/5/2017 11:59:19 PM #

This is AMAZING!  I must have used all my Adventure Bound DSP, and I don't even remember that particular one, but it is perfect for my challenge!  How sweet is that little blue cup of cocoa, and I recall you doing that puffy technique before, but I never tried it....I need to remedy that.  BUT...my favorite is the white embossing with the "shadow"....that really makes your sentiment stand out!  Awesome!!!

Annie Abrahamson
Annie AbrahamsonUnited States
11/9/2017 10:30:33 PM #

A great card putting that beautiful DSP to work!  And the "puffy" effect is so fun...I'm trying your tip this weekend!  Hope you're having a great week ~ Hugs, Annie

Deanne @ Three Trees
Deanne @ Three TreesCanada
11/10/2017 7:07:09 PM #

Oh this is perfect!  I LOVE the blue cup again the wood grain!  Gorgeous!

Sale-A-Bration 2020

Shop, host, join - during Sale-A-Bration there's never been a better time! Offers valid until 31st March, whilst supplies last. Download your copy of the Sale-A-Bration leaflet by clicking on the image above.

Ever thought about becoming a Stampin' Up! demonstrator?For £99, you can create your own starter kit worth £130. During Sale-Bration, you will also receive a mini paper cutter, a 6"x6" Designer Series paper Sampler pack and a stamp set of your choice! Stampin' Up! has something for everyone: join my growing team and benefit from my support to enjoy Stampin' Up! however you choose.

Current February hostess code:

N7UTJ3DY

2020 Spring-Summer Mini Catalogue

Co-ordination Product Release

Step up your co-ordination game by purchasing these exclusive products that co-ordinate with Sale-A-Bration and Spring mini catalogue items. There is no limit to how many you can order, but they are only available 4 February - 31st march whilst supplies last! Read more here.