Pines, More Pines and Pinecones!

by Joanne James22. September 2016 08:05

Today it's time for a new challenge over at Create With Connie and Mary and this week we have a sketch for you:

I spent some time deciding what to use on my card and eventually decided another Christmas card was the order of the day - take a look:

Pretty Pinecones - The Pretty Pines Thinlits Dies were the starting point for my card today. I have been wanting to use these gorgeous detailed dies to create a festive pine embellishment and today's layout was perfect for this. I used two different pinecones - the uppermost one has the pieces that can be pushed out, but I kept mine in place as I liked the effect (they can be held in place with a little tape behind).

Presents and Pinecones - I love the fresh reds and greens of the Presents and Pinecones designer series paper and knew they would be the perfect background to my embellishment. I actually cut one length from my DSP and used one side - the stripes - for the first panel, then the reverse - the pinecones - for the uppermost panel. The best of both worlds!

And Christmas Pines Makes Three - I used a sentiment from the bundled stamp set 'Christmas Pines' in Cherry Cobbler to complete my card.

Do visit the other Design Team members to see what they did with this week's sketch; there's lots of inspiration over on their blogs too!

Enjoy your day and I'll be back tomorrow with another project; until then, happy stampin'!

Jenny Engelke
Jenny EngelkeUnited States
9/22/2016 12:51:48 PM #

The pinecone set is probably my favorite thing from the holiday catalog, do your card automatically goes to the top of my list! I love it done in traditional Christmas colors!

Jennifer Downey
Jennifer DowneyUnited States
9/23/2016 2:11:59 AM #

Love the classic look with the pinecones! Great job this week Joanne!

Tracy may
Tracy may United Kingdom
9/26/2016 6:28:46 AM #

Lovely festive card Joanne. Love the colour scheme and the DSP looks lovely!

Lisa Martz
Lisa MartzUnited States
9/26/2016 4:29:17 PM #

Fantastic holiday card!  Love the pinecone dies!  Great way to showcase that suite of products.

Sharon Burkert
Sharon BurkertUnited States
9/27/2016 4:03:27 AM #

I just got the pine cones and the DSP!  I love how you utilized both.  After seeing your card I am glad I purchased all of those products.

Chris Slogar
Chris SlogarUnited States
9/27/2016 11:15:39 AM #

This is so fresh and pretty with the crisp shapes and colors!  Love how the sprigs of greenery anchor the greeting - this gets me excited for Christmas!

Connie Babbert
Connie BabbertUnited States
9/28/2016 10:07:15 PM #

I've been holding off on  using many of my Christmas sets...and so happy I have this one!  LOVE how well the pinecones go with this layout!   Great job with the sketch challenge this week!

Pingbacks and trackbacks (1)+

Current July hostess code:

WPMS44B7

Bonus Days Are Back!

Spend £45 or more in July and receive a £4.50 voucher to use against August purchases. Read more here