Heartwarming Hugs Suite - From CAS Card to Hot Chocolate Gift Carrier!

by Joanne James2. November 2020 18:30

Happy Monday everyone! My week has started at full speed as usual but I'm here today with two projects that are both quite different that feature projects from the Heartwarming Hugs Suite. First up is a clean and simple card using the colours over at Just Add Ink this week (thank you ladies for selecting my candle card as a winner for the 'Just Add Two' challenge last week!) and this week's sketch layout over at CAS Colours and Sketches where they have a great sketch requiring a small, repeating image of some kind:

I decided to go with the coffee cup in the Warm Hugs stamp set and paired it with a sentiment from the same set that I've been wanting to use for a while - take a look:

The sentiment is quite long so I turned my card to make use of a wider card front, and having stamped my mugs in alternating colours, I added a sentiment across the central row that I heat-embossed in silver on vellum so that it didn't totally obscure the mugs. I also added small rhinestones to the top and bottom row of mugs for a little added silver sparkle:

Finally some stamping to decorate the envelope and inside my card to finish:

Here is the visual summary of the key products used on this project for you to pin for easy reference:

The 'Warm Hugs' stamp set is part of the Heartwarming Hugs Suite which includes lots of fun items and packaging ideas, including mini coffee cups and carriers. I made a few hot chocolate sets to share with some of my lovely customers as gifts recently using the items in the suite and decorated the cups and carriers with some of the papers in the Heartwarming Hugs designer paper pack, with a hot chocolate-filled cup and a bag of marshmallows to go with them and this seemed like a good opportunity to share a project that shows how easy it is to create a heartfelt yet relatively inexpensive gift to share with someone. Here's a close up of my completed carrier:

And here's a photo showing the detail on my decorated hot-chocolate themed cup:

I love the traditional colours that feature in this suite - isn't the dressed mug just adorable?! The textured coffee collar and sentiment added to the cup adds a nice personal touch I think. I'm linking this project up over at Color Throwdown where they are featuring the exact palette of kraft, reds and greens that feature on my decorated cup and gingham carrier.

Everyone that I've given one of these to so far has loved them - I'm thinking of making them for my UPS delivery driver and postman too, for them to take home for a warming drink after their rounds! Who would you give one to?

Enjoy your evening and I'll be back tomorrow with another project and news of two fabulous new launches: the new Paper Pumpkin kit and the Curvy Celebrations bundle! Until then, happy stampin'!

Wanda Cullen
Wanda CullenUnited States
11/2/2020 7:24:44 PM #

Oh my, this carrier with gift items is just too sweet! Thanks so much for sharing it with us at CTD! Love it!

Deborah Wheeler
Deborah WheelerUnited Kingdom
11/2/2020 8:04:06 PM #

Love the card - I think these are some of my all time favourite colours!

Lori
LoriUnited States
11/3/2020 1:53:11 AM #

Great designs!  Love the to go cup carrier--such a fun way to give a treat.  Thanks for joining us for this week's Color Throwdown!

LEANNE M PUGLIESE
LEANNE M PUGLIESEUnited States
11/3/2020 2:06:57 AM #

What adorable projects!

Kim Badelt
Kim BadeltAustralia
11/4/2020 9:39:45 AM #

They're both lovely designs Joanne and I really love how you have the same theme but two very different projects. Those tiny mugs look just adorable! Thanks for joining us at Just Add Ink this week. Kim

Chantell Randall
Chantell RandallAustralia
11/4/2020 3:05:32 PM #

What a sweet little card Joanne - love the delicated little mugs.
The strong colours and papers on you gift pack are lovely too.  Chantell xx

Holly Lau
Holly LauUnited States
11/5/2020 6:12:49 AM #

Such a cute card! Love it and thanks so much for joining us this week at CC&S!

YoonYoung Kim
YoonYoung KimKorea
11/6/2020 10:15:19 AM #

Oh! This is so cute!!! I love the small jewels on each cup, nice adornments!! And Thank you for responding to our DT call. Have a nice week!

Jan Clothier
Jan ClothierNew Zealand
11/7/2020 2:32:20 AM #

The coffee cup carrier is great but it's the sweet little mugs in happy colours that really grabs me. What a clever idea!

Sale-A-Bration 2021 Is Here!

Sale-A-Bration is here! Choose a FREE product with every £45 or £90 you spend between 5 January-28 February. Click on the image above to view the brochure!

January-June 2021 Mini Catalogue

The new Stampin' Up! January-June 2021 Mini Catalogue is here - click on the image to download your copy!

Current February hostess code:

QJBRZGPT

What's more, if you join between 5 January - 28 February during Sale-A-Bration, you will receive an additional 5 packs of colour designer series paper too - for FREE!

Stampin Cut and Emboss

The Mini Stampin' Cut And Emboss Machine Is Here!

Crafting has never looked this good! Contact me to get yours today. Available from January 5th.