Petals and Paisleys Thankful Card

by Joanne James6. November 2016 09:00

It's Sunday and time for a new challenge over at The Paper Players! It's the turn of the lovely Laurie to host this week and she has a timely theme challenge for you to work with:

Ultra clean and layered today (no surprise there then!) - I chose to showcase a wonderful sentiment and some fabulous paper on my card today - here it is:

Petals and Paisleys - I chose to use one of the 'busy' papers from the Petals and Paisleys Specialty Designer Series Paper on my card today - a bold colour scheme with lots going on, so definitely a paper that needs to be allowed to shine on its own.

I Am Blessed - Some lovely paisley stamps in the Paisleys and Posies stamp set, however it also contains great sentiments and this one is perfect to make a statement of thankfulness. I cropped mine with the Layered Ovals Framelits and backed with a scalloped oval, and a simple folded ribbon detail to tie the whole thing together.

A Rich Autumnal Colour Combination - There are so many wonderful colours in these papers - I focused in on Delightful Dijon, Night of Navy and the addition of Rich Razzleberry to emphasise the rich colours of the season. Feel free to save this combination if it appeals to you too:

The Paper Players Design Team
 Jaydee
Laurie Schmidt
Nance Leedy
Sandy Mathis
Linda Callahan
Hannelie Bester
Colleen Begley

Here's a quick recap of our challenge rules:

1.  Create a new paper project
3.  Please link your card to no more than four challenges, TOTAL.
4.  Have FUN!

I look forward to seeing what you create with this week's theme. As you read this I will be travelling back from a few days away at our regional Stampin' Up! Onstage event in Telford, no doubt bursting with ideas for the Spring and Summer season. Don't worry - I won't be sharing on my blog here for a while, I still have so many Christmas projects to share!

Enjoy the rest of your weekend as it will be over all too quickly; I'll be back tomorrow with another project as my normal blogging schedule will resume; until then, happy stampin'!

Linda Callahan
Linda CallahanUnited States
11/6/2016 12:47:25 PM #

That DSP makes a beautiful background! Mlovely card!

Laurie
LaurieUnited States
11/6/2016 1:18:57 PM #

That is some fabulous paper...I agree! Your design really shows it off, and I love that sentiment.Awesome card!

Have a great day!

Colleen Begley
Colleen BegleyUnited States
11/7/2016 4:29:32 AM #

I love this color pallet, Joanne. Burgandy, dark blue and gold have always been a favorite of mine. This is a stunning card. Great impact!

11/7/2016 4:13:58 PM #

Hi Joanne!  I love this color combo and all the paisley makes me smile!  The sentiment is lovey!  Just perfect!  Have a wonderful week, My Friend!  XX

Nance Leedy
Nance LeedyUnited States
11/7/2016 6:55:58 PM #

Joanne, this is gorgeous!  Such a wonderful way to highlight that beautiful paper and these colors you've selected are gorgeous together.  Such a perfect sentiment and I love the touch of ribbon for texture--great card!

Hannelie Bester
Hannelie BesterU.A.E.
11/9/2016 12:42:35 PM #

Love this rich and elegant looking design Joanne!

Gwendolyn
GwendolynGermany
11/10/2016 10:12:32 AM #

Gorgeous designer paper!

sandym
sandymUnited States
11/11/2016 5:32:04 PM #

Joanne I love how you allowed your beautiful patterned paper to be the focal point here! Love the colors and the paisley pattern!

Christmastime Is Here - an exclusive collection of fabulous festive florals that will be available will supplies last from November 1st!

Current November hostess code: