Wishing You Brighter Days!

by Joanne James20. October 2016 08:05

I had a great workshop yesterday with a fabulous group of ladies making family tree home decor frames and watched the semi-finals of The Great British Bake Off on TV yesterday evening in lieu of a blog post. Today it's time for a new challenge over at Create With Connie and Mary and this week we have a sketch for you:

Now you all know how much I love a good sketch, but I must admit this one had me stumped for a little while until I figured out what to do with it. I was totally in the Christmas zone, but once I stepped away from the festive season it came to me - an umbrella! Take a look:

A seriously bright card to brighten someone's day! Here's the low-down on today's card:

Dimension and Layers - I used the fun Umbrella Weather Framelits from the annual catalogue to create the umbrella, clouds and shower of hearts on my card today. There's lots of layering and dimension on today's card, with the blue panel popped up to allow the hearts to stand in relief against the pink card base and the clouds around the umbrella.

Weather Together - The sentiment is from the co-ordinating stamp set 'Weather Together' and perfect for a cheery pick-me-up kind of card. I stamped my sentiment in Melon mambo to accentuate the colour of my card base, and added an enamel heart shape in the same colour to one of my clouds too.

Buy 3, Get 1 Free Paper Offer - Time To Party! - My colour scheme today was inspired by the colours in the Festive Birthday Designer Series Paper pack and I used the stripy pattern from this set for my umbrella canopy. This is one of the papers available as part of the October 'Buy 3, Get 1 Free' Designer Series Paper offer:

You can read all about it in this blog post here - a great offer and the perfect time to stock up so don't delay and get your party on!

Do visit the other Design Team members to see what they did with this week's sketch; there's lots of inspiration over on their blogs too!

Another busy day today with a meeting first thing then an afternoon of housework in store. Enjoy your day and I'll be back tomorrow with another project; until then, happy stampin'!

Lisa Martz
Lisa MartzUnited States
10/20/2016 1:48:43 PM #

What a fabulous way to brighten someone's day!  Fun!

Helen Jennings
Helen JenningsUnited Kingdom
10/20/2016 2:24:01 PM #

Love this. It is really cheery colours and great to be able to look beyond the glitter and baubles for just a minute. Have a few friends who could do with a card like this right now. Why haven't I got this bundle???

Jennifer Downey
Jennifer DowneyUnited States
10/20/2016 4:36:24 PM #

Oooh, LOVE the color combination on the umbrella! So cheery and whimsical! High five for having a great workshop this week! Keep it up girlie! =)

Jenny Engelke
Jenny EngelkeUnited States
10/21/2016 6:25:14 PM #

This will brighten someone's day for sure! The colors are so bright and festive. I love the heart cut-out as well. They fit so nicely with the theme of the card! The little clouds are also perfectly places and mimic the sketch nicely!

Tracy may
Tracy mayUnited Kingdom
10/27/2016 7:08:24 AM #

Wow I love it! My favourite colours for a fantastic, bright and bold card! Might just have to case this Joanne!!

Sale-A-Bration 2020

Shop, host, join - during Sale-A-Bration there's never been a better time! Offers valid until 31st March, whilst supplies last. Download your copy of the Sale-A-Bration leaflet by clicking on the image above.

Ever thought about becoming a Stampin' Up! demonstrator?For £99, you can create your own starter kit worth £130. During Sale-Bration, you will also receive a mini paper cutter, a 6"x6" Designer Series paper Sampler pack and a stamp set of your choice! Stampin' Up! has something for everyone: join my growing team and benefit from my support to enjoy Stampin' Up! however you choose.

Current January hostess code: