Wishing You Well Purple Notecard

by Joanne James3. September 2018 10:00

Happy Monday everyone! Today is the last full vacation day here in the James household - Ben is back to school for pre-season rugby training tomorrow and then both James Juniors are back to school 'proper' on Wednesday - so we are making the most of it (currently sewing sock puppies and making pizza ready for lunch, amongst other things!) I'm sharing a quick and easy card that I made at the weekend for the challenges over at CAS Colours and Sketches and TGIF Challenges:

I love this sketch layout and was originally planning something different, but when I saw the tictactoe board over at TGIF I couldn't resist the opportunity to create something with my favourite new purples. This is what I came up with:

Perfectly Paired Purples - I chose to use a combination of two new purples on my card: Highland Heather for the base and bow, and Gorgeous Grape for the flowers and sentiment base. I love how these two colours compliment each other perfectly. I added another new colour, Soft Sea Foam, into the mix for my flower stems - it gives just enough subtle colour and allows my purples to take centre stage. Here's my colour combination in case you would like to save it for future use:

Just A Note - The spray of flowers on my card comes from another new stamp set called 'Wishing You Well' - it's another of Stampin' Up!'s Distinktive Stamps, that allow for great monochromatic ink effects. They allow you to create different ink opacities in a single stamped image for realistic depth and intensity - just check out the detail on that bow, it almost looks like it's been tied on!

Teeny Tiny Pearls - I went across the top of the tictactoe board - purple, pearls, flowers - so the last thing to do was add a tiny sprinkling of seed pearls to my floral spray. I'm not generally a big user of pearls or rhinestones on my projects, but I actually love this little detail. You can see it better on the close up here:

And that's it - a clean and simple card that would work in lots of other colourways too.

Enjoy your day and I'll be back tomorrow with another project. Until then, happy stampin'!

9/3/2018 3:29:35 PM #

VERY pretty...these are gorgeous colors together....I am purple-challenged, so this is extra-pretty to me!

Elizabeth Price
Elizabeth PriceUnited States
9/3/2018 6:40:32 PM #

Oh how I love this card.  Way to go with our TIC TAC TOE challenge at TGIF.  Smiles, Elizabeth

Samantha Johnson
Samantha JohnsonUnited States
9/3/2018 11:53:22 PM #

Gorgeous card, thanks for playing along with us at CC&S.

Patricia H
Patricia HUnited States
9/4/2018 2:45:11 PM #

Very sweet and CAS!  The tiny pearls are a perfect finishing touch.  Thanks so much for sharing your card with us at CC&S! Smile

karen h
karen hUnited States
9/6/2018 3:20:14 AM #

Wonderful card! Love the shades of purple! Thanks for playing along with us at CC&S!

Buy 3 Get 1 Free on selected Designer Series Paper between 4th-30th September! Click here for more details.

Current September hostess code: