Wishing You Well Purple Notecard

by Joanne James3. September 2018 10:00

Happy Monday everyone! Today is the last full vacation day here in the James household - Ben is back to school for pre-season rugby training tomorrow and then both James Juniors are back to school 'proper' on Wednesday - so we are making the most of it (currently sewing sock puppies and making pizza ready for lunch, amongst other things!) I'm sharing a quick and easy card that I made at the weekend for the challenges over at CAS Colours and Sketches and TGIF Challenges:

I love this sketch layout and was originally planning something different, but when I saw the tictactoe board over at TGIF I couldn't resist the opportunity to create something with my favourite new purples. This is what I came up with:

Perfectly Paired Purples - I chose to use a combination of two new purples on my card: Highland Heather for the base and bow, and Gorgeous Grape for the flowers and sentiment base. I love how these two colours compliment each other perfectly. I added another new colour, Soft Sea Foam, into the mix for my flower stems - it gives just enough subtle colour and allows my purples to take centre stage. Here's my colour combination in case you would like to save it for future use:

Just A Note - The spray of flowers on my card comes from another new stamp set called 'Wishing You Well' - it's another of Stampin' Up!'s Distinktive Stamps, that allow for great monochromatic ink effects. They allow you to create different ink opacities in a single stamped image for realistic depth and intensity - just check out the detail on that bow, it almost looks like it's been tied on!

Teeny Tiny Pearls - I went across the top of the tictactoe board - purple, pearls, flowers - so the last thing to do was add a tiny sprinkling of seed pearls to my floral spray. I'm not generally a big user of pearls or rhinestones on my projects, but I actually love this little detail. You can see it better on the close up here:

And that's it - a clean and simple card that would work in lots of other colourways too.

Enjoy your day and I'll be back tomorrow with another project. Until then, happy stampin'!

03/09/2018 15:29:35 #

VERY pretty...these are gorgeous colors together....I am purple-challenged, so this is extra-pretty to me!

Elizabeth Price
Elizabeth PriceUnited States
03/09/2018 18:40:32 #

Oh how I love this card.  Way to go with our TIC TAC TOE challenge at TGIF.  Smiles, Elizabeth

Samantha Johnson
Samantha JohnsonUnited States
03/09/2018 23:53:22 #

Gorgeous card, thanks for playing along with us at CC&S.

Patricia H
Patricia HUnited States
04/09/2018 14:45:11 #

Very sweet and CAS!  The tiny pearls are a perfect finishing touch.  Thanks so much for sharing your card with us at CC&S! Smile

karen h
karen hUnited States
06/09/2018 03:20:14 #

Wonderful card! Love the shades of purple! Thanks for playing along with us at CC&S!

Current September hostess code:

B2SWT94R

2018-19 Annual Catalogue

Click on the catalogue for a full list of current SU! supplies - if you would like to order any of the items featured, please drop me a line at joanne@thecraftyowl.co.uk or give me a call on 07773 421446 - I'd be happy to help.

Ever thought about becoming a Stampin' Up! demonstrator? For £99, you can create your own starter kit worth £130. That's £31 OF FREE PRODUCT! Stampin' Up! has something for everyone: join my growing team and benefit from my support to enjoy Stampin' Up! however you choose.

2018 Autumn Winter Catalogue

Click on the catalogue image to access the 2018 Stampin' Up! Autumn Winter catalogue - if you would like to order any of the items featured, please drop me a line at joanne@thecraftyowl.co.uk or give me a call on 07773 421446 - I'd be happy to help.

Dashing Along DSP Promotion

Fancy a fun night in with friends? Host a party with sales of £200 or more in September and in addition to Stampin' Rewards to spend you will earn a pack of Dashing Along Designer Paper for FREE! Read more here and contact me to book a date!