Botanical Builder Flowers And A Happy Hello From The Paper Players

by Joanne James10. April 2016 09:00

It's Sunday and time for a new challenge over at The Paper Players! It's my turn to host our challenge this week and I have an interesting colour combination for you to play along with:

I knew when I chose my colour palette some months ago that I would do something with flowers; for my card this week I was inspired to use the Botanical Builder Framelits Dies - I just love those flowers and I knew they would be great to create the tropical flowers I had in mind with my colour scheme. I also used this week's sketch over at Mojo Monday for the layout for my card:

Lots of Layers - I love layers and this card has lots of them! I kept them either plain or with a unified pattern of polka dots so that they wouldn't overwhelm the sentiment and flowers that are the focal point of my card.

Subtles versus Brights - Balancing my colour choices today may be considered a challenge in itself. I used my Brights largely as accent colours, although the one thing I did differently on my card was stamp my sentiment if Soft Sky, the lightest colour. This is a real departure for me as normally I would stamp it in the strongest darkest colour for impact, yet sometimes it pays to take a more subtle approach - I hope you agree :-)

The Perfect Accent - Yes I used those White Perfect Accents for my flowers again - I love them, whether left 'naked' as here today or coloured up using my Sharpies. They make such a great flower centre.

You can see all of my 'How To' summaries on my 'How To - Tips and Techniques' Pinterest board in case you've missed any.

The Paper Players Design Team
 Jaydee
Laurie Schmidt
Nance Leedy
Sandy Mathis
Linda Callahan
Hannelie Bester
Colleen Begley

Here's a quick recap of our challenge rules:

1.  Create a new paper project
3.  Please link your card to no more than four challenges, TOTAL.
4.  Have FUN!

I look forward to seeing what you create with this week's colours. We are off to basketball today but no hockey - one more week off for Easter until we are back on the pitch! This means cycling if the sun is shining or board games if it rains - let's see where we end up!

Back tomorrow with another project; until then, happy stampin'!

Linda Callahan
Linda CallahanUnited States
4/10/2016 12:30:39 PM #

I love the flowers done in these colors!  This is beautiful! I am a fan of those white dots too!  Thanks for the great color combo this week!

Aquarius
AquariusUnited Kingdom
4/10/2016 12:43:20 PM #

I've always loved orange and bright pink together and they certainly look great on your card with the touch of green and the subtle wording

4/10/2016 7:59:14 PM #

Fabulous florals...these colors were made for them!  The Soft Sky background is such a great color, too...lets the brights shine through!

Laurie
LaurieUnited States
4/10/2016 11:55:38 PM #

I love how you framed the sentiment with the flowers...so pretty. Your naked accents are perfect for the centers,too!

Sandy mathis
Sandy mathisUnited States
4/11/2016 10:29:13 PM #

Another stunning beauty. I love everything you've done with these dies, Joanne. Fabulous use of the colors.

Nance Leedy
Nance LeedyUnited States
4/12/2016 12:36:28 PM #

I can almost taste the pina colada that comes along with these gorgeous tropical flowers, Joanne!  Love the soft layers and the way you've unified them with polka dots.  Love the soft sentiment and the "naked" flower centers add the perfect shine.  Gorgeous!

4/13/2016 12:03:46 AM #

First, I want to tell you how much I LOVE this color combo!  So fun and vibrant!!!!!  This is absolutely gorgeous!  You know I adore polka dots and bright flowers!  Those white dots are just perfect!  Way to make your challenge shine, My Friend!  XX

Andrea W
Andrea WUnited States
4/13/2016 10:45:24 PM #

Such a pretty card! I really like how you used the colors and framed your sentiment with the lovely flowers.

Colleen Begley
Colleen BegleyUnited States
4/14/2016 12:20:41 AM #

Very pretty, indeed Joanne! I really like the light blue and pink card stock layers together. One of the best cards I've seen with this set of flowers and dies.

jaydee
jaydeeUnited States
4/15/2016 5:50:04 PM #

Joanne, this is so pretty - you really allowed the bright colors to shine and use the Meadow sparingly to anchor them.  I also love the muted sentiment.  Fabulous card
hugs
jaydee

Christmastime Is Here - an exclusive collection of fabulous festive florals that will be available will supplies last from November 1st!

Current November hostess code: