Honeycomb Happiness Pop-Up Chick Card

by Joanne James27. March 2016 10:00

It's Sunday and time for a new challenge over at The Paper Players! It's the turn of the talented LeAnne to host our challenge this week and she has my favourite type of challenge, a sketch, for you to play along with:

PPA-293-Mar24

As it's Easter Sunday today, for my card this week I decided to make one last Easter card to share with you, using this week's colours over at Pals Paper Arts. I'm also linking up with the Friday Mashup again as I've used the theme part of their challenge (Easter and chicks or bunnies - read on and all will become clear!) Here is the front of my card:

Simple enough: some polka dot panels, alongside an oversize flower made with 1 1/2 and 1 3/4 circle punches and the Flower Fair Framelits as a backdrop to my pair of Easter eggs. The eggs themselves are using a tip picked up from Cindy Schuster on the Stampin' Up! corporate blog (you can see her card here) where she used the balloon punch to create Easter Eggs (I stamped mine first using the outline in the 'Balloon Celebration' set and used the grunge stamp in 'Awesomely Artistic' for my mottled effect).

The best bit for me about today's card is the inside, take a look:

Having wrestled with myself every time I went to stick one of the Honeycomb embellishments to the front of my card, knowing that it would mean either a box needed to send it or risk the embellishment being crushed (I'm still suffering post-traumatic stress from having watched Shannon West uncerimoniously squash one on the front of a card whilst on stage at Onstage Live in Brussels last November!!) , I decided that there was a perfect way around it - use it on the inside! I stamped my chick from the 'Honeycomb Happiness' Sale-A-Bration stamp set on the inside of my card along the central score line, paper-pieced him with another stamped on So Saffron card, then added my honeycomb embellishment (I spritzed one of the white ones in So Saffron). I also stamped my Easter greeting from the 'Suite Sayings' stamp set on the inside of my card on the left-hand panel:

Isn't that just the cutest?! I am so happy with how this turned out! I can now use my Honeycomb Embellishments with a clear conscience!

The Paper Players Design Team
 Jaydee
Laurie Schmidt
Nance Leedy
Sandy Mathis
Linda Callahan
Hannelie Bester
Colleen Begley

Here's a quick recap of our challenge rules:

1.  Create a new paper project
3.  Please link your card to no more than four challenges, TOTAL.
4.  Have FUN!

I look forward to seeing what you create with this week's sketch. We have a rare sport-free day today. We are looking forward to our Easter egg hunt (likely to be indoors if the weather forecast is correct!), a leisurely lunch and an afternoon eating too many chocolate eggs whilst watching a good movie!

Back tomorrow with another project (or two!); until then, happy stampin'!

Linda Callahan
Linda CallahanUnited States
3/27/2016 2:28:27 PM #

Sweet card for Easter!  And yep the inside is fabulous!  Great way to use those honeycomb embellishments!

Veronica
VeronicaUnited States
3/27/2016 2:48:22 PM #

You are so clever, Joanne!  Love this card!

Nance Leedy
Nance LeedyUnited States
3/28/2016 12:56:49 PM #

You are wicked clever, my friend!  Using the honeycomb embellies on the inside is a stroke of genius.  Love it and your speckeled eggs are adorable--great use of the sketch and these colors!

Laurie
LaurieUnited States
3/28/2016 8:04:19 PM #

SO cute! I love the speckled eggs Joanne. What a creative way to use the honeycomb embellishments,too....so clever!

Michelle Gleeson
Michelle GleesonUnited States
3/29/2016 10:27:53 AM #

An adorable Easter card. The speckled eggs brought a big smile to my face. Thanks for sharing your creativity with the Pals this week.

Brian King
Brian KingUnited States
3/29/2016 12:40:53 PM #

Could this card be any sweeter, Joanne?  NO.  The colors and sketch work perfectly together to create a beautiful landscape for these eggs.  Love it!  Thanks for playing along with this week's Pals Paper Arts color challenge.

3/29/2016 2:15:40 PM #

Could this be any cuter????  I love the color combo!  That adorable chick with the honeycomb tummy is PERFECT, My Friend!  LOVE IT!!!!!!!  The speckled eggs are so fun, too!  XX

Lynn Hoyt
Lynn HoytUnited States
3/29/2016 5:48:18 PM #

Beautiful use of the colors this week.  Such a pretty Easter card. Thanks for playing with us this week at PPA.

3/29/2016 8:09:54 PM #

Haha, that's a great idea, to put the honeycomb on the inside...why didn't I think of that?!  I have a bunch of samples I want to send out but I know they'll get SQUISHED in the mail, LOL!  Your Easter confection is as sweet as peeps, love it!

Amy Kunkle
Amy KunkleUnited States
3/29/2016 8:24:29 PM #

So cute, and I do love the inside. Smile Thanks for playing along with our Friday Mashup challenge. ~amy

Anita in France
Anita in FranceFrance
3/30/2016 6:18:09 AM #

Gorgeous pastel colours, Joanne ... and what a fabulous Easter surprise inside ... such a cutie pie chick ... brilliant!  Love that wonderful sentiment!  Anita Smile

Sandy mathis
Sandy mathisUnited States
3/30/2016 4:00:43 PM #

What a pretty card, Joanne! I love the soft colors and what a fun suprise inside.  How clever to make the eggs from balloon stamps, too!

jaydee
jaydeeUnited States
4/2/2016 5:07:51 AM #

Joanne, love the specked eggs... and LOVE the inside and the soft, spring colors.  Great take on the sketch, my friend.  Hugs, Jaydee

Autumn Winter Catalogue

Current August hostess code:

CVAQTGE2

Spend Your Bonus Day Coupons!

Spend your £4.50 vouchers earned in July on your Stampin' Up! purchases before 31st August.

Paper Pumpkin Is Coming!