Color Me Irresistible Botanical Blooms Happy Birthday

by Joanne James3. March 2016 08:05

Today it's time for a new challenge over at Create With Connie and Mary and this week we have a colour combination for you:

I thought this colour combination was quite an unusual one and I did spend a lot of time working out what to do with it! Eventually there were two things that set me off on the path that led to today's card: one was the desire to use a piece of the coloured Color Me Irresistible Specialty Designer Series Paper and the other was this card by the lovely Connie Babbert! I loved the layout of Connie's card and knew when I saw it that it would be perfect for what I had in mind - here is the end result:

I decided to use Hello Honey for my card base and make a feature panel of the Color Me Irresistible paper - this paper is quite dramatic but the hint of pattern and combination with the other two challenge colours worked perfectly. A few layered Botanical Builder flowers and a happy birthday sentiment from the 'Tin of Cards' stamp set, finished with a black satin ribbon bow, finish my card. I just love the flower combinations that you can achieve with the Botanical Builder Framelit Dies - in addition by sponging the centres and edges and adding feathered lines using the tip of your Stampin' Write marker, as I did on the largest of the blooms on today's card, it's easy to create beautifully realistic and dimensional flowers.

Here is today's visual summary for easy reference:

Do visit the other Design Team members to see what they did with this week's colours; there's lots of inspiration over on their blogs too!

Enjoy your day and I'll be back tomorrow with another project; until then, happy stampin'!

• Tuxedo Black Memento Ink Pad
  • Basic Black 3/8" Stitched Satin Ribbon
  • Neutrals Candy Dots
  • Project Life Corner Rounder

libby
libbyUnited States
3/4/2016 6:18:59 PM #

What a great card! I love your balance with all the colors. Going to have to pin this one! Thanks for the inspiration.

Alison Barclay
Alison BarclayAustralia
3/6/2016 12:37:57 AM #

So pretty! I love how you did the flowers...and I just love that Happy Birthday sentiment from Tin of Cards....it’s a hidden gem and I use it all the time. Smile

Lisa Martz
Lisa MartzUnited States
3/6/2016 3:17:06 AM #

I love the detail you added to your die cut flowers...makes them look real!  This is a great card...fun layout and love the bold black layer!  Awesome!

Chris Slogar
Chris SlogarUnited States
3/8/2016 2:30:57 AM #

This is a nice layout for your elements!  Your Hello Honey flower looks so great with the sponging and feathered lines!  Very pretty!

Jenny Engelke
Jenny EngelkeUnited States
3/8/2016 4:07:41 PM #

I love the elegant black DSP you used, but my very, very favorite part of this card is in one of the smaller details.....the sponged and marker feathered center of the hello honey flower!  I adore this effect!

Christmastime Is Here - an exclusive collection of fabulous festive florals that will be available will supplies last from November 1st!

Current November hostess code: