Pearl Baby Lamb It's A Girl Card

by Joanne James23. February 2016 09:00

Hello everyone! Today I have a card for this week's challenge over at Pals Paper Arts where they have a sketch to work with:

PPA-288-Feb18

I love a good sketch and this one allowed me to get my Easter Lamb stamp out for the first time and try something that I've been wanting to do since I bought it - take a look:

The sketch is perfect for using the circle to create a stunning focal point - and this is where my cute lamb comes in! I decided to stamp it without the 'Happy Easter' sentiment as I wanted to make a card to celebrate the arrival of a baby girl. I stamped the image in Smoky Slate, adding a few touches of Blushing Bride and Mossy Meadow ink with my blender pen, then proceeded to add a pearl to each of the circles of the image to create my pearlescent woolly coat. Two packs of Pearl Basic Jewels and some time later, this was the result! I chose to use Blushing Bride and Mossy Meadow as my feature colours from the delicate spotty Birthday Bouquet designer series paper for my base and mat layers - whilst the green is quite dark for a pastel baby card, I was careful to use it sparingly to frame the paper and image only and to stamp my sentiment from the set 'A Dozen Thoughts'. I love this font but since I wanted a narrow banner, decided to make a feature of the loops and cut around them, which fits quite neatly to my circle too - bonus! Lastly, I decided that a strip of Blushing Bride Glimmer Paper was necessary for the vertical banner - just in case anyone was in any doubt that this is most definitely a card for a little lady! I may well be responsible for a run on packs of pearl jewels from the Stampin' Up! store with this card and I know that this is not the sort of card you would make every day, but for a special one-off to commemorate the addition of one more to the female race, I think it's totally worth it!

Here is today's visual summary for easy reference:

That's all from me today. I have lots to be getting on with, including last minute preparations for my new 'Coffee and Card' drop in class at Bells in Northampton tomorrow. Back tomorrow with another project and this week's new Weekly Deals; until then, happy stampin'!

Katy McGloin
Katy McGloinUnited States
2/23/2016 3:23:46 PM #

ADORABLE card, Joanne!  Already pinned!!!  Not my week for comments, but had to leave one on yours, LOL....

Joanne JamesUnited Kingdom
2/23/2016 11:19:07 PM #

Oh that is so sweet Katy! Glad you liked my card - thanks for popping by!

Linda Callahan
Linda CallahanUnited States
2/23/2016 7:31:42 PM #

Sweet as can be!  Love the pearls and love the sparkles!

Joanne JamesUnited Kingdom
2/23/2016 11:19:36 PM #

Thanks so much Linda!

Ginger Toivonen
Ginger ToivonenUnited States
2/23/2016 11:16:41 PM #

Such a darling baby card!  Love the lamb and all the pearls.  Thanks for playing with us at the PPA this week.

Joanne JamesUnited Kingdom
2/23/2016 11:20:13 PM #

Thank you for popping by to visit Ginger - so glad you liked my take on this week's sketch!

Amy Lazzell
Amy LazzellUnited States
2/24/2016 3:32:43 AM #

Adorable!!  Love your card!!  That little lamb with the pearls is over the top cute!!  Thank you for playing with the Pals Paper Arts!!!

Sale-A-Bration 2020

Shop, host, join - during Sale-A-Bration there's never been a better time! Offers valid until 31st March, whilst supplies last. Download your copy of the Sale-A-Bration leaflet by clicking on the image above.

Ever thought about becoming a Stampin' Up! demonstrator?For £99, you can create your own starter kit worth £130. During Sale-Bration, you will also receive a mini paper cutter, a 6"x6" Designer Series paper Sampler pack and a stamp set of your choice! Stampin' Up! has something for everyone: join my growing team and benefit from my support to enjoy Stampin' Up! however you choose.

Current February hostess code:

N7UTJ3DY

2020 Spring-Summer Mini Catalogue

Co-ordination Product Release

Step up your co-ordination game by purchasing these exclusive products that co-ordinate with Sale-A-Bration and Spring mini catalogue items. There is no limit to how many you can order, but they are only available 4 February - 31st march whilst supplies last! Read more here.