Baby 'Gender Reveal' Card - Girl or Boy?

by Joanne James7. July 2014 08:00

It's Monday and the start of a busy week for me, beginning with sports day for both James juniors today. So a nice early post is in order and today I'm sharing a card inspired by the colours over at Color Throwdown this week:

I thought these colour would make a fun baby card, but which way to go - girl or boy? In the end I decided to have some fun and use a little of both - take a look and see what I mean:

I decided to create a fun 'gender reveal' card that could be handed out to guests at a baby shower or similar, when the baby's gender has been kept a secret but it's time for the big reveal. I used Very Vanilla as my card base and created mats in Tempting Turquoise, Strawberry Slush and Very Vanilla, then punched 4 squares using my retired 1 1/4" square punch (you could cut these by hand), 2 blue and 2 pink, and attached one of the cute images from the 'Something for Baby' set, stamped in alternating pink and blue, and cut out with the co-ordinating framelits and mounted on dimensionals on the coloured squares. I then took one of the baby sentiments from the 'A Dozen Thoughts' stamp sets and partially inked it up so that the start of the sentiment was on the front, with the final 'reveal' on the inside. So what did I choose for my card - well, here's the inside where the truth is out:

I made mine for a little girl, adding in the leading dots and the exclamation mark with my Strawberry Slush marker pen. You could just as easily create a similar card with alternate wording for a boy - cute, eh?!

We are making a card similar to this one in my monthly card class which is being held this week, which is featuring lots of products from the new Stampin' Up! 2014-15 Annual Catalogue. If you live in Northampton and are interested in attending card, home decor or Project Life classes, do get in touch - new faces are always welcome!

Right, I'm off to avoid being attacked by a javelin or alternative sporting object! Back tomorrow with another project; until then, happy stampin'!

Tags: , , , , , , , ,

Cards | Stamping

Sherrie M.
Sherrie M. United States
07/07/2014 15:12:47 #

Such a great idea Joanne! What a cute card. Gender reveal parties are all the rage now so your cards are right on point.

07/07/2014 21:23:24 #

Thanks Sherrie - glad you like my fun take on the colour challenge!

Tammy Hershberger
Tammy HershbergerUnited States
07/07/2014 18:54:26 #

Super cute... great idea to make a baby card with these colors!  Thanks for joining us for the Throwdown.

07/07/2014 21:33:40 #

Glad you like my card Tammy - not quite what you might expect with these colours, since it's not often 'pink or blue' becomes 'pink and blue', but I like the result!

Pauline A
Pauline AUnited Kingdom
07/07/2014 22:22:05 #

Joanne, this is so cute, love it x

08/07/2014 22:55:00 #

Thanks Pauline - glad you like it! xx

Leonie
LeonieAustralia
08/07/2014 04:57:20 #

Fabulous idea, I love it.
Those colours work very well together.

08/07/2014 22:55:48 #

Thanks Leonie - I liked these colours together too and thought them perfect for a bright baby card, a nice change from traditional pastels!

Joan Ervin
Joan ErvinUnited States
08/07/2014 05:49:52 #

This is sooo cute...what a precious baby card!!!!! All the little stamped images are absolutely adorable!!! Thanks for joining us for the Color Throwdown Challenge!!!!

08/07/2014 23:07:34 #

So nice of you to say Joan - so glad you like my fun baby card, loved the colour palette this week!

Easter Promotions

Eastern Palace Suite - Purchase either bundle and get a free PDF Tutorial to make 3 cards. Full details here.

Current May hostess code:

DXFJQZPN

Spring Summer 2017 Seasonal Catalogue

Click here for the electronic version of the new Stampin' Up! seasonal Spring-Summer catalogue available until 30 June:

Please contact me by phone or email me at joanne@thecraftyowl.co.uk to place an order!

Ever thought about becoming a Stampin' Up! demonstrator? For £99, you can create your own starter kit worth £130. That's £31 OF FREE PRODUCT! Stampin' Up! has something for everyone: join my growing team and benefit from my support to enjoy Stampin' Up! however you choose.

If you're interested, call me for a chat to understand how I can help you realise your goals. Alternatively, if you have already decided to sign up and you just can't wait, please click here for the link to the online form where you can sign up and order your starter kit right away!

2016-17 Annual Catalogue

Click on the catalogue for a full list of current SU! supplies - if you would like to order any of the items featured, please drop me a line at joanne@thecraftyowl.co.uk or give me a call on 07773 421446 - I'd be happy to help.