Love You Hearts Border Card

by Joanne James3. February 2016 18:00

I had a great day of classes yesterday, with my second 'Love Blossoms' technique class of the month and my Project Life memory keeping class - lots of fun layouts of babies, toddlers, wartime Cairo and sightseeing in New York to name a few! I so enjoy my Project Life class and feel privileged to have my ladies share and document their precious memories with me.

Today I'm sharing a Valentine's card that uses this week sketch over at As you See It that also fits the colour palette over at Can You Case It: black, reds and white or neutrals. I was also inspired by the photo of the ombre repeated heart biscuits over at The Card Concept to create my 'Clean and Layered' card today:

AYSIChallenge121  CYCI#105

I decided on some layered heart borders for the striped/border elements of my card using a trio of reds and a sentiment stamp I don't use very often - take a look:

A trio of Watermelon Wonder, Real Red and Cherry Cobbler panels, layered so that the alternating colours show through, and the hearts that I punched out using my Hearts border punch I randomly adhered, spilling from the sentiment, taken from the 'Friendly Wishes'  stamp set. A Basic Black mat for definition and a double bow of black and white baker's twine finish my card. Hearts and reds - what more do you need for the perfect Valentine?

That's all from me today; back tomorrow with a card for this week's new challenge over at Create With Connie and Mary. Until then, happy stampin'!

Gaylynn
GaylynnUnited States
2/3/2016 9:36:58 PM #

Hi Joanne. I like all of the tiny hearts and the heart layering. Just beautiful.

Heather Cooper
Heather CooperCanada
2/3/2016 10:36:31 PM #

I love how it looks like all the little hearts are trying to find their way back to the punched holes they came out of! So cute! Thanks for joining us at As You See It Challenges this week!

Jan Clothier
Jan ClothierNew Zealand
2/4/2016 3:11:16 AM #

I love your ombre-esque heart borders! Beautiful! It's a great interpretation of the sketch. Thanks so much for joining us this week at As You See It.

Kerin Sylvester
Kerin SylvesterUnited States
2/4/2016 2:31:06 PM #

Wonderful card! I love your use of the hearts in both the layers and scattered about! Thanks for joining us this week at The Card Concept Smile

AJ Bodine
AJ BodineUnited States
2/4/2016 3:56:04 PM #

Oh pretty, I  love how the hearts are spilling down into the design of the paper, really pretty card!  Thanks for joining us at CYCI for our color challenge this week!

AJ, DT - CanYouCaseIt

Eva
Eva United States
2/6/2016 12:17:49 AM #

Lovely card! I really enjoyed the layering and color variation! Thanks for joining CYCI Smile Eva

Dawn Fields
Dawn FieldsUnited States
2/6/2016 5:17:40 AM #

Joanne, this is a very pretty card.  I love the falling hearts...cool!  Thanks for playing with us at CYCI!  Dawn

Mandy
MandyCanada
2/6/2016 10:05:12 AM #

Fabulous card Joanne!! Thanks for joining us at CYCI this week! Smile - Mandy

Lilian
LilianUnited States
2/10/2016 3:55:05 AM #

What a cool card! Love the borders and the hearts!
Thank you for joining us at The Card Concept!
Lilian
<a href="http://theleafstudio.blogspot.com/">The Leaf Studio</a>

Michele H.
Michele H.United States
2/12/2016 5:47:49 PM #

Gorgeous card! I love that deep, rich red! Thanks for playing along with us over at The Card Concept!
Take Care!
Michele

Julie Gearinger
Julie GearingerUnited States
2/15/2016 4:36:11 PM #

Love the cascading hearts as well as all of the rich, dark red!!  Thanks for playing along with us at The Card Concept Smile

Autumn Winter Catalogue

Current September hostess code:

TSEGA7FU

The Stampin' Cut And Emboss Machine (standard size) Is Here!

Crafting has never looked this good! Contact me to get yours today.

Paper Pumpkin Is Here!