'I Love You This Much' Bear Hugs Double Slider Card

by Joanne James4. February 2016 08:05

Today it's time for a new challenge over at Create With Connie and Mary and this week we have a colour combination for you:

These three colours feature in the Love Blossoms Designer Series Paper Stack which made it an obvious choice to feature on my card today, but I also wanted to have a go at a fun card using the 'Bear Hugs' stamp set. The saying in this set 'I love you this much' was just asking for a bear with growing arms; it was on my 'to do' list when I saw this great example by Kirsteen Gill and knew that a double-slider card was the way forward. The mechanism in my card is the same as Kirsteen's, however I altered my measurements and dimensions to fit a standard A6 14.9cm x 10.5cm metric card. Here's my finished card:

A simple enough layout, using a base of Blushing Bride and a piece of Blushing Bride heart-patterned paper from the Love Blossoms pack too. I used the Rose Red for my border, sentiment and stamped heart but the real fun element of this card is what happens to my Crumb Cake bear when the little tab is pulled on the side of the card:

His arms expand to show just how much he loves you - isn't that just the cutest?!! Interactive cards are such fun, whatever the occasion - my daughter loved this one!

Do visit the other Design Team members to see what they did with this week's colours; there's lots of inspiration over on their blogs too!

Enjoy your day and I'll be back tomorrow with another project; until then, happy stampin'!

• Bear Hugs Clear-Mount Bundle
  • Love Blossoms Designer Series Paper Stack
  • Crumb Cake A4 Cardstock
  • Early Espresso Classic Stampin' Pad
  • Rose Red Classic Stampin' Pad
  • Rose Red A4 Cardstock
  • Blushing Bride A4 Cardstock
  • Whisper White A4 Cardstock
  • Big Shot
  • Word Window Punch

gail townsend
gail townsendUnited Kingdom
2/4/2016 9:54:30 PM #

love it so cute, thats another stamp and die set to add to my wish list, xx
thanks for the lovely comments on my blog

Jenny Engelke
Jenny EngelkeUnited States
2/4/2016 11:12:53 PM #

Oh my goodness....this is just THE CUTEST!  I love how is arms stretch out super wide!!!!  There's nothing better than an interactive card!  Amazing job!

Alison Barclay
Alison BarclayAustralia
2/6/2016 12:27:11 AM #

This is so clever and CUTE! I love how you made his arms stretch out - SO VERY CLEVER!!! Love it.

Chris Slogar
Chris SlogarUnited States
2/6/2016 4:06:19 PM #

Completely adorable!  Great interactive card, and so soft and pretty in these colors with the dsp hearts in the background!

Dotty Jo
Dotty JoUnited Kingdom
2/8/2016 6:30:18 PM #

Love it! Jo x

Lisa Martz
Lisa MartzUnited States
2/10/2016 6:33:54 PM #

Fabulous valentine!  I really think it is cute how you stretched out those arms...they are just waiting for a hug!

Connie Babbert
Connie BabbertUnited States
2/10/2016 8:05:21 PM #

This is just SO fun...I love the stretched arms of the bear using a pull-out mechanism!  Great job with the color challenge this week!

Autumn Winter Catalogue

Current August hostess code:

CVAQTGE2

Spend Your Bonus Day Coupons!

Spend your £4.50 vouchers earned in July on your Stampin' Up! purchases before 31st August.

Paper Pumpkin Is Coming!