Nutcracker Christmas Greetings

by Joanne James4. December 2015 22:59

It's Friday and mine has been a busy one! I have another Christmas card for you today, this time using the sketch over at Mojo Monday where it's 'tall and skinny' week:

SIP Any Challenge 25 800

I'm also linking up with the peeps over at Stamps, Ink and Paper since my card today uses a stamp from my current favourite set - Sparkly Season. Take a look:

I used the striped Home for Christmas designer series paper as the inspiration for the colour scheme for my card and chose Pacific Point blue as the dominant colour; an unusual Christmas colour, but combining it with red and a touch of green definitely makes it worthy. I coloured my little scene with my Stampin' Write markers and finished my framed image with a cute bow cut using my Big Shot from the Mini Treat Bag Thinlits set. I heat embossed my minimalist sentiment in black on one of my two banners and added a Mossy Meadow enamel dot to finish.

My finished card measures 4" x 8 1/4" so of course needed a custom envelope, easily achieved with a sheet of red envelope paper, my trusty Envelope Punch Board and my Envelope Expert tool - a winner every time! If you haven't yet tried it or my Box Buster tool you should check them out - custom envelopes and boxes with perfect results every time!

I'll be back tomorrow with another project; until then, happy stampin'!

Sandy M
Sandy MUnited States
12/5/2015 6:47:41 PM #

What an awesome holiday card, Joanne! I love the traditional images combined with the modern lines and layout. You really rocked that sketch. Thanks so much for joining us this week at Stamp Ink Paper!

Tina Riddle
Tina RiddleUnited States
12/7/2015 12:06:39 AM #

Joanne, What a pretty Nutcracker Holiday card!  I just lovely skinny cards!  Thanks so much for joining us at Stamp, Ink, Paper this week for our cardmaker's choice challenge!

Ginger Pelfrey
Ginger PelfreyUnited States
12/7/2015 1:33:31 PM #

JoAnne I LOVE your nutcracker card!  Beautiful! Thanks so much for joining us this week at Stamp Ink Paper Smile

Justin
JustinUnited States
12/7/2015 7:08:50 PM #

Very cool card! Love the colors! Thank you for joining us for the Stamp, Ink, Paper Card Maker's Choice Challenge! Smile

Carolyn Lindenmahyer
Carolyn LindenmahyerAustralia
12/7/2015 9:10:36 PM #

Wonderful card Joanne.  The dsp colours work so well with the Nutcracker.  Thanks for joining us this week at Stamp Ink Paper.  Carolyn

Autumn Winter Catalogue

Current August hostess code:

CVAQTGE2

Spend Your Bonus Day Coupons!

Spend your £4.50 vouchers earned in July on your Stampin' Up! purchases before 31st August.

Paper Pumpkin Is Coming!