Holly Jolly Christmas Greetings Christmas Cards - Two Ways

by Joanne James31. October 2015 22:29

A late post from me today - too much trick-or-treat fun earlier on this evening! Anyway without further ado, today I made a couple of cards using the sketch from Mojo Monday this week, the second of which is also for this week's challenge over at Merry Monday:

Both my cards feature papers from the Season of Cheer designer series paper, along with the Christmas Greetings Thinlits with the Holly Jolly Greetings stamp set - one of the great bundle offers in the current seasonal catalogue. Here's the first card I made in traditional festive colours with the holly paper:

I went with a simple base layer of Real Red, then for the panel layered the holly paper with some Mossy Meadow and added a banner of red glimmer paper before adding my layered circles featuring my sentiment, a combination of stamped elements from the 'Holly Jolly Greetings' stamp set and a glimmer die cut using the Christmas Greetings Thinlits. I really liked this card, so decided to make a second one with a slightly different sentiment combination from the same sets, this time featuring the Christmas lights paper from the same DSP pack and a slightly less traditional colour scheme. Here it is:

I just love the glimmer paper on both of these cards; I'm not a fan of loose glitter, but glimmer paper is the best! So which one do you prefer - traditional or contemporary colour scheme? They are both great, although I think I'm veering towards the holly - I'm a sucker for red and green at Christmas time! I'd love to hear your thoughts - do leave me a comment below.

Back tomorrow with this week's new challenge over at The Paper Players; until then, happy stampin'!

Lesley E. Croghan
Lesley E. CroghanCanada
11/1/2015 12:09:42 AM #

This is absolutely gorgeous! I love the sparkle!

Wendy Aungst
Wendy AungstUnited States
11/1/2015 2:08:16 AM #

Both cards are totally adorable, Joanne! Love the mix of papers and touches of sparkle! Very fun cards! Thanks for playing along with us this week over at Merry Monday! Smile

Susan Powell
Susan PowellCanada
11/1/2015 11:52:53 AM #

Great cards! A perfect way to feature some dsp!

11/1/2015 1:10:56 PM #

Both of your cards are fabulous, Joanne!  I love the Christmas lights!  Great way to use this DSP.  It is my favorite in the catty.  XX

Theresa P
Theresa PUnited States
11/1/2015 1:37:13 PM #

Lovely cards! I too prefer glitter paper and not fond of loose glitter. Great PP!

Nina
NinaCanada
11/1/2015 3:28:36 PM #

Both cards are wonderful, Thank you for playing along with Merry Monday.

Deanne @ Three Trees
Deanne @ Three TreesCanada
11/1/2015 9:29:51 PM #

Beautiful cards!  Love that sparkle!!  Thanks so much for playing along with us at Merry Monday.

Deanne Smile

Redeem your Bonus Days coupons during the month of August! Click here to shop online to redeem yours

Extra Extra