Peaceful Holly Sprig Clean and Simple Christmas Card

by Joanne James3. December 2015 08:05

Today it's time for a new challenge over at Create With Connie and Mary and this week we have a great colour combination for you:

I have another CAS card for you today - I'm still making lots of cards to send out so unfussy and quick to mass-produce is something of the order of the day. For this card I decided to go with the holly sprig from the Peaceful Wreath set:

I used a base of Cherry Cobbler and added a strip of In-Colour Mossy Meadow washi tape and a sliver of silver foil cardstock along the edge of my offset Whisper White top layer for  a little extra interest. On my front panel I stamped the holly sprig in Mossy Meadow and then used my aquapainter to roughly watercolour the leaves in the same colour and then added some Cherry Cobbler for my berries. I stamped the second part of my sentiment from the same set in Cherry Cobbler and decided to add a Christmas Greetings diecut silver glimmer 'peace' for a quick touch of festive sparkle to really draw the eye and ground my design. The washi tape I used is included in this week's Wednesday Deals, so now would be a good time to snap some up for the bargain price of £5.44!

Do visit the other Design Team members to see what they did with this week's colours; there's lots of inspiration over on their blogs too! I'm also linking up today's card with the lovely ladies over at Less Is More as I haven't played there for a few weeks and this week's theme is 'fruit' - and fortunately for me this includes holly berries and mistletoe too!

Enjoy your day and I'll be back tomorrow with another project; until then, happy stampin'!

• 2014-2016 In Color Designer Washi Tape
  • Peaceful Wreath Photopolymer Stamp Set
  • Cherry Cobbler Classic Stampin' Pad
  • Cherry Cobbler A4 Cardstock
  • Mossy Meadow Classic Stampin' Pad
  • Whisper White A4 Cardstock
  • Aqua Painters
  • Christmas Greetings Thinlits Dies
  • Silver Glimmer Paper
  • Silver Foil Sheets

Sarah
SarahUnited Kingdom
12/4/2015 2:18:25 PM #

A stunning, elegant and brilliant fruity Christmas card Joanne
Loving the exotic deep red panel and glittery sentiment!
Just perfect for Christmas and thanks so much for playing along this week!
Sarah xx
Less is More

Jenny Engelke
Jenny EngelkeUnited States
12/4/2015 2:56:05 PM #

Wow!  The simplicity of this card is beautiful!  The image is gorgeous but the addition of the silver glimmer Peace puts it over the top!  I love the slivers of washi tape and foil paper peeking out on the side as well!  I just love it!!!!

Chrissie
ChrissieUnited Kingdom
12/4/2015 10:49:14 PM #

Beautiful card Joanne, the colouring is so effective!
Sorry it's taken me all week to get around to visiting!
Thanks so much
Chrissie
"Less is More"

Anita Bowden
Anita BowdenUnited Kingdom
12/5/2015 10:02:24 AM #

A beautiful creation, Joanne.  So crisp and clean and I love the holly sprig, and the way you've coloured it looks fantastic.
Thanks for sharing with us.
Anita x
Less is More

Chris Slogar
Chris SlogarUnited States
12/8/2015 2:29:02 AM #

Those teeny strips of Washi and silver foil make such a big difference on this card!  Beautiful job with the holly sprig and sentiment!  What a pretty card!

Anne
AnneUnited Kingdom
12/8/2015 7:32:57 AM #

What a really stylish and CAS card Joanne - fab!
Anne
"Less is More"

Bridgette Jones
Bridgette JonesUnited States
12/9/2015 1:41:07 AM #

This truly is elegant! Though it is "unfussy", I caught my eye wondering around looking at all of the pretties. It may be fuss-less and easy to mass produce but your card clearly has some marvelous detail. Gorgeous!

Lisa Martz
Lisa MartzUnited States
12/9/2015 2:40:48 AM #

LOVE it!  So elegant...I agree with Bridgette...so many fun things on this card to see.  It really is a looker!

Connie Babbert
Connie BabbertUnited States
12/9/2015 2:30:54 PM #

Love how simplistic, yet elegant this card really is!  Gorgeous!  Great job with the color challenge!

Laurie
Laurie United States
12/11/2015 2:25:17 AM #

Awesome card,Joanne! So crisp and clean..I love it!

Darnell
DarnellUnited States
12/11/2015 10:52:40 PM #

Congratulations on being SHOWCASED at LIM, Joanne! I think you have made the perfect card for Christmas!! Hugs, Darnell

Current July hostess code:

WPMS44B7

Bonus Days Are Back!

Spend £45 or more in July and receive a £4.50 voucher to use against August purchases. Read more here

Coming Soon!

The new Stampin' Up! Autumn Winter catalogue launches on 4th August - you will be able to download your copy here!

Paper Pumpkin Is Coming!