Flower Fair Greetings Thinlit Thanks Card

by Joanne James2. July 2015 08:05

Good morning everyone! It's Thursday and time for a new challenge at Create with Connie and Mary where we have a great colour challenge for you this week:

I chose to use this week's layout over at CAS(E) This Sketch for my card this week and went for some bold pops of colour against my neutral background:

I used Crumb Cake for my card base, and instead of leaving it completely plain, I stamped the hatched background stamp from 'You've Got This' in Crumb Cake to add a little interest to the main body of the panel. This is such a useful stamp and can be used in so many ways, not just with the flower in the set with it. I then added a layered flower cut with the Flower Fair framelits and finished with a Real Red candy dot (I get through these faster than any other colour!) and my die cut sentiment. Super simple and very easy to recreate and would work in lots of other colourways too.

Short and sweet from me today - do check out what the rest of the DT have been up to and I look forward to visiting your gallery creations this week. I'll be back tomorrow with another project; until then, happy stampin'!

• Greetings Thinlits Dies
  • Flower Fair Framelits Dies
  • You've Got This Stamp Set
  • Crumb Cake A4 Cardstock
  • Real Red A4 Cardstock
  • Lost Lagoon A4 Cardstock
  • Crumb Cake Classic Stampin' Pad
  • Brights Candy Dots

Leigh Penner
Leigh PennerCanada
7/2/2015 7:48:39 PM #

Oh, this is very fun! Great take on the sketch!

Jen Mitchell
Jen MitchellUnited States
7/3/2015 12:07:03 AM #

I love that background stamp.  It looks fantastic with everything!  And I love the colorful, layered flower.

Alison Barclay
Alison BarclayAustralia
7/3/2015 12:12:06 AM #

Very trendy and fun card! Love that flower! Smile

7/3/2015 12:56:13 AM #

So cool....and perfect for the CAS sketch!  Love it!

Margaret Raburn
Margaret RaburnUnited States
7/6/2015 2:51:45 AM #

What a great sketch for your CAS card!  Such a good idea to use that crosshatch background on the Crumb Cake for great interest also!

Chris Slogar
Chris SlogarUnited States
7/7/2015 12:55:47 AM #

Sweet and simple!  Love that hatched background, that does give the card character!  Great job!

Lisa Young
Lisa YoungUnited States
7/7/2015 1:35:31 AM #

Love the way you used the background from You've Got This stamp set. Beautiful clean and simple card.

Lisa Martz
Lisa MartzUnited States
7/7/2015 2:49:49 AM #

Great job incorporating the two challenges!  Very clean and classy!

Bridgette Jones
Bridgette JonesUnited States
7/7/2015 2:14:54 PM #

Love how clean this looks yet there is beautiful detail! Great idea on using the hatch stamp on the background. It adds great visual interest but doesn't compete with the color. Smile

Jenny Engelke
Jenny EngelkeUnited States
7/8/2015 8:29:50 PM #

I LOVE your take on the sketch, Joanne!  The red and blue flower is so neat!

Autumn Winter Catalogue

Current October hostess code:

GVMFEJQ4

The Stampin' Cut And Emboss Machine (standard size) Is Here!

Crafting has never looked this good! Contact me to get yours today.

Paper Pumpkin Is Here!