My First Flower Flower Patch Card!

by Joanne James7. August 2014 20:56

Today I'm excited to share with you my first Flower Patch card! Now, this may not seem like a big event, but for someone who has had the stamp set for over a month whilst having to wait (not so) patiently for the matching framelit set, it is a big deal! I decided to make a card for the challenges over at 'Less is More' and Retrosketches, where the colour palette and sketch were perfect for what I had in mind:

Since the lovely Sarah over at 'Less Is More' is celebrating her birthday this week, I decided a birthday card should be the order of the day. Here's what I came up with:

My card base is Coastal Cabana, which I matted with Whisper White and stamped my sentiment in Momento Black, then surrounded it with a trio of flowers in Coastal Cabana, Daffodil Delight and Bermuda Bay, cutting out one of these with my framelits and layering it to add depth and dimension. I finished with a few candy dots for the flower centres and a random one (just because!). The stamp set is photopolymer, which makes aligning everything so easy no need even for a stamp-a-ma-jig!

I liked my card so much, I decided to create another one with one of the other framelits in the set - I need a few extra birthday cards in my 'emergency' box - here is my slight variation on the card above:

These cards use surprisingly few supplies, yet I think they have real interest. This set has so much potential I am so glad that I can finally get creating with it - it my well replace Simple Stems from the Spring-Summer seasonal catalogue in my 'bold flower' affections! I'm also linking my card up over at SUO Challenges, where the theme this week is 'new toys' - well, I've certainly had fun playing with mine!

Back tomorrow with another project; until then, happy stampin'!

Tags: , , , , , , , ,

Cards | Stamping

Wendie Waldman
Wendie WaldmanUnited States
8/7/2014 10:28:06 PM #

I love it - sweet and simple!

8/8/2014 10:04:50 AM #

Sometimes the best way Wendie Smile

Anne
AnneUnited Kingdom
8/8/2014 7:44:37 AM #

Two gorgeous cards for your box Joanne!
Thanks so much for joining us at Less is More
Anne
LIM Designer

8/8/2014 10:05:18 AM #

Thanks Anne - loved the colour and drink inspiration this week!

Sid
SidUnited Kingdom
8/8/2014 8:27:59 AM #

Hi Joanne, loving both your very clean looking cards, great elements !!

8/8/2014 10:07:13 AM #

Thanks Sid - nice of you to pop by and take a look, glad you like my cards!

Sarah
SarahUnited Kingdom
8/8/2014 11:06:16 AM #

Two absolutely yummy cards and CAS perfection
Love the use of the colours
Thanks so much for sharing
Sarah
Less is More

8/9/2014 8:51:54 PM #

Thank you Sarah - made with you in mind, hope you had a super birthday!

Julie Gearinger
Julie GearingerUnited States
8/9/2014 5:10:30 PM #

Love the sweet simplicity of this card and the gorgeous colors!! Thanks for playing along with us at SUO Challenges Smile

8/9/2014 8:51:23 PM #

Thanks Julie - I am loving my newest stamp set and am sure it is going to get a lot more use!

Erin Taylor
Erin TaylorUnited States
8/10/2014 3:59:25 AM #

Gorgeous card!! Your flowers and the colors are beautiful!

Thanks for joining us this week at RetroSketches!

8/10/2014 4:37:50 PM #

Thanks Erin - such a great sketch; I love your sketches!!

Chrissie
ChrissieUnited Kingdom
8/10/2014 5:37:16 AM #

I'm sorry I'm late in commenting Joanne.
This is so pretty the colours look fab on this card.
Thanks so much
Chrissie
"Less is More"

8/10/2014 4:39:02 PM #

So glad you like it Chrissie - loved this week's colour inspiration!

Bronwyn Eastley
Bronwyn EastleyAustralia
8/10/2014 1:52:10 PM #

Love this beautiful CAS card.  Thanks for inking up a new stamp set and playing along at SUO.

8/10/2014 4:39:53 PM #

Thank you Bronwyn - I just know this will be the first of many; having waited so long I was just so excited to be able to create something with this set!

Karen Barber
Karen BarberUnited States
8/11/2014 12:26:29 AM #

So very pretty, I love the colors and I love the simplicity of these beauties!!

8/11/2014 10:45:10 AM #

Thanks Karen - blue flowers always strike me as unusual, but I think they look so 'right' sometimes!

Mary Brown
Mary BrownUnited States
8/11/2014 12:12:52 PM #

What STUNNING CAS cards!  They are both absolutely beautiful - perfect layout and great colors!  Thanks for joining the SUO challenge!

8/11/2014 5:23:15 PM #

Thanks Mary - you are too kind! I just know I am gong to love this set!

January-June 2021 Mini Catalogue

The new Stampin' Up! January-June 2021 Mini Catalogue is here - click on the image to download your copy!

Current April hostess code:

3XTNB243

Stampin Cut and Emboss

The Mini Stampin' Cut And Emboss Machine Is Here!

Crafting has never looked this good! Contact me to get yours today. Available from January 5th.

Sale-A-Bration 2021 Is Here!

Sale-A-Bration is here! Choose a FREE product with every £45 or £90 you spend between 5 January-28 February. Click on the image above to view the brochure!