Teacher Thank You Card

by Joanne James27. May 2015 21:42

So I'm back with the second of my cards for this week's challenge over at CAS(E) This Sketch:

As the end of the school year will be upon us soon enough, I decided to combine this card with this week's theme over at The Challenge and get ahead and make a teacher thank you card:

I used a base of Pear Pizzazz and a mat of real Red - apple colours! - and having cut a stencil of the word 'Thank' using my Silhouette e-cutter, I stamped the word Thanks from the 'Another Thank You' stamp set repeatedly in Memento Black into the space and sponged over the whole space in Pear Pizzazz to give the letters more definition. To complete the sentiment, I die cut the word 'you' using my Big Shot and 'Hello You' thinlits three times out of Real Red cardstock and stuck them together to create a raised piece, then painted it in Crystal Effects to give a glossy finish. I used a snippet of chalkboard paper and stamped the word 'teacher' in white kraft ink to give a chalkboard effect (the stamp is from the retired set 'for my family' - it's a keeper!) and added both to my card, along with a cardboard apple embellishment from my Project Life Playground accessory kit and also a 'vintage' wire paper clip. This final addition also enables me to link up to 'Less is More' this week, where the recipe is to add metal to your card.

I really love the way this card turned out; I like the collage feel it has, yet still retaining my clean and simple style - here's a close up of the stamping and stencilling detail:

It's a little more embellished than my usual LIM cards, so I'm hoping it will still be permissible although I know the lovely ladies over there will give me some pointers if I've strayed too far from the brief :-) This is however much more what I had in mind for the sketch, so I hope the CAS(E) This Sketch team like it! The James Juniors are already arguing about which of their teachers will be receiving it - I think I might have to make a few copies before the end of term approaches!

Back tomorrow with my card for this week's new challenge over at Create With Connie and Mary. Until then, happy stampin'!

Wendie
WendieUnited States
5/28/2015 3:52:20 AM #

Love this card - clever stamping, beautiful colors, any teacher would love to receive it.

Leigh Penner
Leigh PennerCanada
5/28/2015 4:05:57 PM #

Oh, I love all of the little details!

Sarah
SarahUnited Kingdom
5/28/2015 8:29:15 PM #

Simply awesome Joanne - you have some fantastic stash and love all the elements on your card.
Great challenge combo and the little paperclip is just perfect.
Thanks so much for sharing and taking part.
Sarah xx
Less is More

Pauline
Pauline United Kingdom
5/28/2015 8:41:41 PM #

I love the layering of "you".  I've seen lots of folk do this and it's a fab way to create great definition and interest into a project. Love it x

Chrissie
ChrissieUnited Kingdom
5/28/2015 8:55:20 PM #

What a clever design Joanne, this looks awesome!
Thanks so much
Chrissie
"Less is More"

Anita Bowden
Anita BowdenUnited Kingdom
5/29/2015 12:32:36 AM #

Fabulous placement of all these elements, love the paperclip and still lots of lovely white space.
Thanks for sharing with us.
Anita x
Less is More

Lesley Croghan
Lesley CroghanCanada
5/29/2015 5:16:37 AM #

What an amazing technique on the "Thanks" image. Love the little apple and the all the other embellishments. Thank you for joining us at The Challenge!

5/30/2015 12:35:42 PM #

I LOVE this, Joanne!  I am a huge fan of Teacher cards!  Love all the dimension, the paperclip and the little cardboard apple is fabulous!  Thank you for joining us at The Challenge this week!!!!  XX

Anita M
Anita MUnited States
5/31/2015 2:29:58 PM #

Love the different elements of your CAS card!  The little apple, paperclip and pop of red really caught my eye.  Thanks for joining The Challenge this week.

Nance Salkeld
Nance SalkeldUnited States
6/1/2015 12:33:07 AM #

Wonderful teacher card!  So many great elements --- maybe the stenciled "thanks" is my favorite part!  Thanks for playing The Challenge!

Monika Davis
Monika DavisUnited States
6/1/2015 1:00:28 AM #

Sweet card Joanne. Love the corrugated apple, the shiny die-cut word... great elements.

Anne
AnneUnited Kingdom
6/2/2015 7:19:17 AM #

Super card Joanne!  A lot going on but but balanced by plenty of white space
Thanks so much for joining us
Anne
Less is More

Sale-A-Bration 2020

Shop, host, join - during Sale-A-Bration there's never been a better time! Offers valid until 31st March, whilst supplies last. Download your copy of the Sale-A-Bration leaflet by clicking on the image above.

Ever thought about becoming a Stampin' Up! demonstrator?For £99, you can create your own starter kit worth £130. During Sale-Bration, you will also receive a mini paper cutter, a 6"x6" Designer Series paper Sampler pack and a stamp set of your choice! Stampin' Up! has something for everyone: join my growing team and benefit from my support to enjoy Stampin' Up! however you choose.

Current February hostess code:

N7UTJ3DY

2020 Spring-Summer Mini Catalogue

Co-ordination Product Release

Step up your co-ordination game by purchasing these exclusive products that co-ordinate with Sale-A-Bration and Spring mini catalogue items. There is no limit to how many you can order, but they are only available 4 February - 31st march whilst supplies last! Read more here.