It's Your Day Birthday Card

by Joanne James28. May 2015 08:00

We are on the 'home run' towards the weekend and as it's Thursday that means time for a new challenge over at Create with Connie and Mary. This week we have a great sketch for you:

So many possibilities with this one! I decided to use up yet more of my hoarded DSP and showcase a whole host of retiring product on my card this week:

I've used both 'Back To Black' DSP along with a retiring in-colour, Strawberry Slush, and the Petal Potpourri stamp set and co-ordinating Flower Medallion punch, in colour sequins and Black chevron ribbon - all of which are either retiring or not carrying over into the new annual catalogue next week. Not so though for my sentiment stamp, which comes from the 'Fabulous Four' stamp set (I stamped it in black and coloured it in with my Strawberry Slush marker pen), the dazzling diamonds glimmer paper or the black bakers twine - these at least will still be available!

I'm not generally a fan of black and white on a card in vast quantities, but when paired with a bright colour such as Strawberry Slush I think it really works - you could try this combo with lots of other colours and I am sure it would look great with some of the new in-colours!

I'm looking forward to seeing what you create with the sketch this week - do check out the cards made by the rest of the Design Team, there's a great variety as always!

I'm off to spend the day outdoors with friends today as we make the most of the milder weather that we've been experiencing this week; a picnic and some tree climbing is on the agenda - well, the latter for the youngsters at least!

Back tomorrow with another project; until then, happy stampin'!

Alison Barclay
Alison BarclayAustralia
5/28/2015 10:05:23 AM #

I love all the pink! That flower is gorgeous as is the DSP for the main square panel. The sequin scatter is a lovely touch too. Smile

Jenny Engelke
Jenny EngelkeUnited States
5/28/2015 2:14:47 PM #

Oh, Joanne!  This card is fabulous!!!!!  I love the pink with the black and white....so striking!  Love all the details, especially the sequins and different banners!

Margaret Raburn
Margaret RaburnUnited States
5/28/2015 6:33:04 PM #

What a stunning card!  I love the strawberry with the black and white...great combination!  You've incorporated such lovely details; love the sequins, flower and the banners... well, everything!  : )

barb
barbUnited States
5/28/2015 8:47:13 PM #

So cute and cheery!

5/29/2015 12:09:07 AM #

This is so striking!  I will miss these papers!

Lisa Martz
Lisa MartzUnited States
5/30/2015 4:52:29 PM #

So bright and fun!  Love the sequins, the punched flower and all that color with a pop of black!  Great card!

Lisa Young
Lisa YoungUnited States
5/31/2015 1:05:46 PM #

Love the contrast of the black and white and pink - it is really eye catching, plus it is a great mix of retiring products!

Chris Slogar
Chris SlogarUnited States
6/2/2015 3:01:29 AM #

I love black and white with a bright color!  Very striking!  I love how it all comes together here - and I am mourning the loss of several of these items, mostly Petal Potpourri!

Connie Babbert
Connie BabbertUnited States
6/3/2015 2:29:17 PM #

Love it!  The pink perfectly pops the black and white designs on your card!  Great job with the sketch!

Autumn Winter Catalogue

Current September hostess code:

ZMKAG7P2

The Stampin' Cut And Emboss Machine (standard size) Is Here!

Crafting has never looked this good! Contact me to get yours today.

Paper Pumpkin Is Here!