To A Classic Masculine Card

by Joanne James3. May 2015 10:00

It's Sunday and time for a new challenge over at The Paper Players. There were some great takes on Anne's sketch last week and today we are kicking off with a challenge from the talented Sandy, who has chosen a great theme for you to play along with this week:

I used this week's layout over at Mojo Monday as the basis for my card (although I didn't go tall and skinny!). As soon as I knew Sandy's theme this week, I knew immediately that I wanted to do something using the vintage car in the 'Guy Greetings' stamp set. Here's what I came up with:

I decided the layout was perfect for showcasing some of the fabulous masculine patterned papers in the 'Adventure Bound' DSP stack too and used the plaid paper as the inspiration for my colour scheme. The base and mat layers are Smoky Slate, with a layer of Island indigo in between along with a band in the same colour across the front of the card, which I tied with a piece of thread split from the white jute ribbon in the current Occasions catalogue. I then used my piece of DSP for the vertical panel and stamped my car in Island Indigo onto a 2" punched circle of Whisper White, with the sentiment stamped in the same colour onto a banner of Smoky Slate, which I then laid over the top.

A great masculine card that could be paired with any of the other sentiments in the same stamp set for a special husband, dad or grandad, and would be suitable for a birthday or Father's Day alike.

So before you reach for your paper and inks, check out what our amazing team has created to inspire you this week:

The Paper Players Design Team
Anne Marie Hile
 Jaydee
Laurie Schmidt
Nance Leedy
Sandy Mathis
Debbie Mageed
Karren Johnson
Shannon Jaramillo

Here's a quick recap of our challenge rules:

1.  Create a new paper project
3.  Please link your card to no more than three challenges, TOTAL.
4.  Have FUN!

I look forward to seeing how many different modes of transport get into the gallery this week. I'm off to enjoy a nice long Bank Holiday weekend here in the UK - let's hope the sun shines!

Back tomorrow with another project; until then, happy stampin'!

Laurie schmidt
Laurie schmidtUnited States
5/3/2015 4:44:20 PM #

I just love how you used the plaid paper with this image...both are so classic, which fits with the sentiment perfectly! Awesome!

5/3/2015 9:45:48 PM #

I just love this set, I am thrilled with every piece of it and love that you used that plaid one your card, I love that too!  And how cute, to use a piece of jute to tie up a wee little bow....clever!

KarrenJ
KarrenJNew Zealand
5/4/2015 7:27:48 AM #

These colors work so well together and make for a wonderful masculine card!  And I love that vintage car image - too cool!

Debbie Mageed
Debbie MageedUnited States
5/4/2015 11:26:45 PM #

Your card is so fresh looking and perfectly masculine. Love that Adventure Bound DSP!!

Sandy M
Sandy MUnited States
5/5/2015 6:42:07 PM #

What a great masculine card and perfect for this challenge, Joanne! I love the soft colors, still masculine but serene.

monica soto
monica sotoCosta Rica
5/5/2015 8:37:13 PM #

Beautiful card!!! Come and join us at "Let´s go on a Quirky Journey Challenge"
quirkycrafts.blogspot.com/.../...irky-journey.html

Nance Leedy
Nance LeedyUnited States
5/6/2015 2:34:08 AM #

Joanne this is a perfect take on the sketch and our theme.  Love these colors and your layout--especially love the bit 'o jute you pulled out of the ribbon...so clever!

5/7/2015 12:58:02 AM #

Joanne, this is just fabulous!  That plaid paper is one of my favorites in that set.  The antique card is perfect for the challenge!  Such a fantastic guy card!  The jute is a great embellishment, too!  XX

Shannon Jaramillo
Shannon JaramilloUnited States
5/7/2015 6:08:16 PM #

Wow, you did an amazing job with coordination...that plaid paper is the PERFECT compliment to that stamp! What a fantastic guy card!!

Ann Schach
Ann SchachUnited States
5/8/2015 3:24:22 AM #

A perfect masculine card. Joanne! I am a pushover for plaid...and I LOVE these colors! This is a great layout!

Anne Marie Hile
Anne Marie HileUnited States
5/9/2015 4:37:57 AM #

Joanne, this is such a perfectly designed card. I love the classic colors and that preppy plaid paper fits so perfectly with the image. Absolutely gorgeous!

Sale-A-Bration 2020

Shop, host, join - during Sale-A-Bration there's never been a better time! Offers valid until 31st March, whilst supplies last. Download your copy of the Sale-A-Bration leaflet by clicking on the image above.

Ever thought about becoming a Stampin' Up! demonstrator?For £99, you can create your own starter kit worth £130. During Sale-Bration, you will also receive a mini paper cutter, a 6"x6" Designer Series paper Sampler pack and a stamp set of your choice! Stampin' Up! has something for everyone: join my growing team and benefit from my support to enjoy Stampin' Up! however you choose.

Current February hostess code:

N7UTJ3DY

2020 Spring-Summer Mini Catalogue

Co-ordination Product Release

Step up your co-ordination game by purchasing these exclusive products that co-ordinate with Sale-A-Bration and Spring mini catalogue items. There is no limit to how many you can order, but they are only available 4 February - 31st march whilst supplies last! Read more here.