Tone on Tone Mother's Love Tag Card

by Joanne James1. May 2015 19:57

Yay - it's Friday! I've been a busy bee out and about today so am only just getting around to my blog post. I'm squeezing in a card to join the lovely ladies over at Less Is More this week where we need to have a tag on our card and I'm using this week's Color Throwdown colours, which I love:

I decided to 'go bold' with colour today and use the aqua in Coastal Cabana as my background for both my card and tag, to give a tone-on-tone look - take a look:

I order that my sentiment and flower would have an impact, I stamped both in Versamark and heat embossed in white which gives a lovely sheen. I then used my aquapainter to paint the detail of the flower petals and leaves with white craft ink and when it was dry, I painted them again with Strawberry Slush and Pear Pizzazz ink respectively. I punched my tag with the angle tag topper punch and added some white seam binding ribbon tied with some Strawberry Slush thick baker's twine to finish, before popping up with some dimensionals for a little extra lift. A super clean and simple card and I love the white on the aqua background, with the delicately watercoloured flower. Not to mention that lovely sentiment pairing from 'Mum's Love' - a favourite of mine. I'm also going to link today's card up with SUO Challenges, where the current challenge is to make a Mother's Day card, although this card would also work for a Mum's birthday card too.

I hope you like today's card; back tomorrow with another project. Until then, happy stampin'!

Tags: , , , , , , ,

Cards | Stamping

Chrissie
ChrissieUnited Kingdom
5/1/2015 9:51:57 PM #

These are fabulous images Joanne and I love how you have embossed them in white... great!
Super card.
Thanks so much
Chrissie
"Less is More"

Anita
AnitaUnited Kingdom
5/2/2015 8:53:45 AM #

This is so pretty, Joanne.  I adore that sketchy flower stamp, and in these colours it looks beautiful.
Thanks for sharing with us.
Anita x
Less is More GD

Julie Gearinger
Julie GearingerUnited States
5/2/2015 11:13:46 PM #

Love this card!  The Coastal Cabana background with the white embossing is so fresh and clean!!  Thanks for playing along with us at SUO Challenges Smile

Sarah
SarahUnited Kingdom
5/3/2015 4:02:00 PM #

Sorry I didn't get to you before the challenge closed Joanne but I love your card.
So pretty feminine and striking. I love how you've almost camouflaged the tag.
Ingenious. Thanks so much for sharing and taking part.
Sarah xx
Less is More

Broni
BroniUnited States
5/4/2015 11:20:14 PM #

What a truly lovely Mother's Day card!  Thanks for joining us at the Color Throwdown this week!

Joan Ervin
Joan ErvinUnited States
5/5/2015 5:18:04 AM #

Ooooh, I love the tone on tone with the white embossing...just gorgeous!!! Thanks for joining us for the Color Throwdown Challenge!!!

Julia Quinn
Julia QuinnAustralia
5/10/2015 12:39:40 PM #

This is so gorgeous - loving the clean and simple look, and the white embossing is just gorgeous on the cabana.  So glad you joined the challenge at SUO!

KAREN BARBER
KAREN BARBERUnited States
5/11/2015 12:28:15 AM #

Beautiful unique card - the layout is so different - and I love the painting on the coastal cabana card stock!! Beautiful!!

Autumn Winter Catalogue

Current October hostess code:

GVMFEJQ4

The Stampin' Cut And Emboss Machine (standard size) Is Here!

Crafting has never looked this good! Contact me to get yours today.

Paper Pumpkin Is Here!