Pink and Pretty Sheltering Tree Card

by Joanne James19. January 2015 10:45

It's Monday and I am filled with the enthusiasm of a new week! I managed to get some quality crafting time yesterday afternoon, so I'm hoping to tick off a few 'back burner' jobs this week. Today I'm sharing a card using this week's sketch over at Freshly Made Sketches, where Jen Timko has this sketch for us (and a great interpretation of it - you should really check out both her card and those of the other FMS designers):

I stuck with the circle for my shape and decided to go with a pink and pretty card today using the fab 'Sheltering Tree' stamp set from the new Spring-Summer catalogue. Here is my card:

I used Crumb Cake for my base and adhered a layer of Crumb Cake DSP with polka dots from the Neutrals DSP stack to the front. I stamped my tree on Whisper White in Crumb Cake, and the leaves twice, once in Pink Pirouette and once in Blushing Bride, then added some tiny pink hearts punched with my Confetti Heart Border Punch. The swing and sentiment are stamped in Chocolate chip for a little contrast and I embossed the top layer with the large polka dot embossing folder before adhering to my card with dimensionals. A small punched heart and tiny pearl complete the look. This stamp set offers so many possibilities; it was one of those sets that I bought 'for me' as I know I will get lots of use out if it. It's also photopolymer, so aligning the images is a doddle - no stamp-a-ma-jig required.

I am also linking today's card up with SUO Challenges where the current theme is dots; mine are subtle, but they are definitely there! This card would make a lovely Valentine's card or even a birthday or other occasion for a special little girl - I know my daughter would love it, although her fascination with the little bicycle that comes with this stamp set may require me to change out the swing with a two-wheeler!

Back tomorrow with another project; until then, stay warm (it's cold in the UK today!) and happy stampin'!

Cindy Hall
Cindy HallUnited States
1/19/2015 1:04:38 PM #

This card is so, so beautiful!  I love the soft pink and crumb card together.  What a gorgeous design.  Thanks for sharing with us at Freshly Made Sketches!

Joanne JamesUnited Kingdom
1/19/2015 2:04:01 PM #

Oh Cindy that is so kind of you to say! It's nice to go all pastel once in a while - glad you love my pink and pretty card today!

Michelle Long
Michelle LongUnited States
1/19/2015 8:59:42 PM #

I love everything about this card. Absolutely beautiful.

Joanne JamesUnited Kingdom
1/19/2015 9:20:36 PM #

Thanks Michelle - that's so nice of you to pop by and leave such a lovely comment.

Julie Gearinger
Julie GearingerUnited States
1/21/2015 8:32:50 PM #

Joanne, this card is so sweet!  Love all of the pink and brown along with the cute dots- thanks for playing along with us at SUO Challenges Smile

Joanne JamesUnited Kingdom
1/22/2015 9:46:34 AM #

Thank you Julie - I don't do pretty pastels often, but I love how this card turned out. Great challenge over at SUO this week!

Connie Babbert
Connie BabbertUnited States
1/24/2015 9:26:06 PM #

Love the soft, sweet look of your card decked out in pink and crumb cake!  Makes me ready for SPRING!  Thanks for playing along with the "Lots of Dots" challenge this time on SUO Challenges!

Joanne JamesUnited Kingdom
1/26/2015 11:17:11 AM #

Thanks Connie - I am willing Spring to be here, I am SO not a fan of cold winters!

Julia Quinn
Julia QuinnAustralia
1/25/2015 12:20:03 AM #

Love the dotty embossing folder - it makes an awesome subtle frame for your lovely tree.  Great entry for SUO this week

Joanne JamesUnited Kingdom
1/26/2015 11:17:54 AM #

Thanks Julia - I definitely don't use my embossing folders enough, so thanks for the inspiration!

KAREN BARBER
KAREN BARBERUnited States
1/27/2015 1:48:02 AM #

This is a fav for me….all that sweet pink, I just love it!

Joanne JamesUnited Kingdom
1/27/2015 11:41:53 AM #

Thank you Karen - very pink and very girly, sometimes it just has to be done!

Autumn Winter Catalogue

Current September hostess code:

ZMKAG7P2

The Stampin' Cut And Emboss Machine (standard size) Is Here!

Crafting has never looked this good! Contact me to get yours today.

Paper Pumpkin Is Here!