It's Your Day Confetti Birthday Card

by Joanne James18. January 2015 07:00

It's Sunday and time for a new challenge over at The Paper Players, where this week LeAnne has a fun CAS challenge for us:

There are lots of great sentiment sets in the Stampin' Up! range; I have lots of birthdays coming up so this was a great opportunity to use the new 'it's your day' stamp from the 'Big On You' set in the Spring-Summer catalogue and create a fun birthday card. Here's my clean and simple card:

I used Bermuda Bay for my card base and covered my entire card front in a piece of confetti-patterned paper from the 'Birthday Bash' DSP range. I then took a piece of acetate window sheet, cut slightly longer than the front of my card, stamped my stamp on it in versamark and heat embossed it in gold. I then scored across the top and adhered it to the back of my card and folded it over the front. I like the effect of the floating sentiment and the fact that you get to see the whole of the DSP underneath. I almost finished my card at this point, but decided to add a string of Bermuda Bay sequins and a gold button to add to the party feel of my card - minimal embellishments are ok for this type of card and sometimes can add a nice touch.

I even did a little stamping on the inside of my card and better still, remembered to photograph it so that I could share it with you:

I hope you like today's card - rather glitzy yet at the same time clean and simple and easy to re-create. Before you reach for your ink pads, do visit the other design team members to see what interesting ideas they've had this week:

The Paper Players Design Team

I look forward to seeing your projects in the gallery this week. Back tomorrow with another project; until then, happy stampin'!

Tags: , , , , , , , ,

Cards | Stamping

Sandy M
Sandy MUnited States
1/18/2015 2:32:02 PM #

This birthday card is ready for a party! I love that fun confetti background paper, and the inside of your card is as cute as the outside!

Joanne JamesUnited Kingdom
1/19/2015 9:26:06 PM #

Thanks Sandy - I think this card really does shout 'Birthday' doesn't it?!

Debbie Mageed
Debbie MageedUnited States
1/18/2015 2:40:37 PM #

Love your idea of using window sheets so that the gorgeous DSP is visible! Pretty CAS card that really packs a punch!

Joanne JamesUnited Kingdom
1/19/2015 9:31:22 PM #

Thanks Debbie. I've never tried this technique before but the DSP was too good to cover up!

KarrenJ
KarrenJNew Zealand
1/18/2015 6:03:23 PM #

Wow, the acetate adds such an elegant look to your card - love that big, bold sentiment!  Gorgeous!

Joanne JamesUnited Kingdom
1/19/2015 9:32:42 PM #

Thanks Karren - these large sentiment stamps are just great for a big impact on a card.

1/18/2015 9:11:31 PM #

Joanne, this is such a fun card!  I adore those sequins and using the window sheet as a floating sentiment is genius!  Great CAS card, My Friend!  XX

Joanne JamesUnited Kingdom
1/19/2015 9:37:04 PM #

Thanks Claire - I was going to leave the card with a sentiment only, but then couldn't resist the added sequins Smile xx

Laurie schmidt
Laurie schmidtUnited States
1/19/2015 12:22:59 AM #

I love the gold embossed sentiment. What a fun card, perfect for a Birthday!

Joanne JamesUnited Kingdom
1/19/2015 9:37:37 PM #

Thanks Laurie - glad you like my card!

1/19/2015 1:02:18 AM #

Wow, I have always been afraid to try embossing on an acetate sheet....I was sure I would melt the whole thing into a hot mess!  This looks AWESOME!  And those sequins...woohoo!  Love them with the gold, they really pack a punch!

Joanne JamesUnited Kingdom
1/19/2015 9:47:27 PM #

I've never tried to heat emboss on acetate before and was surprised at how well it worked LeAnne. My top tip - be REALLY thorough with the embossing buddy first; acetate is more prone to static than paper. I did have one false start - but because I could tell before I heat set it, I just wiped it off and restamped. Couldn't resist the sequins, even though we are CAS this week lol!

Anne Marie Hile
Anne Marie HileUnited States
1/19/2015 5:15:35 AM #

Such a happy, cheerful card Joanne! I love the gold embossing on the DSP and the sequin trim is such a fun touch. I always love to see the decorated inside of the card as well. So fun!

Joanne JamesUnited Kingdom
1/19/2015 9:49:27 PM #

Thanks Anne Marie. Glad you like my card; I am trying to decorate the inside more often, but even when I do I often forget to photograph it. When I do it's a bonus!

Ann Schach
Ann SchachUnited States
1/21/2015 5:30:53 AM #

Wow, Joanne! I LOVE the gold embossed sentiment on the acetate.  Plus, the sequins are gorgeous, and really add to the festive vibe. This card will definitely bring a smile to the recipient's face for sure!

Joanne JamesUnited Kingdom
1/22/2015 9:47:31 AM #

Thanks Ann - a little bling and definitely a party card, yet still nicely CAS Smile

Shannon Jaramillo
Shannon JaramilloUnited States
1/22/2015 9:21:26 PM #

Great idea to stamp on the window sheet and a perfect way to adhere it! The sentiment really pops in gold and the sequins add just the right amount of party glamour!!

Joanne JamesUnited Kingdom
1/26/2015 11:18:55 AM #

Thanks Shannon - I've never tried stamping on acetate before, but love the effect!

Jaydee
JaydeeUnited States
1/23/2015 12:01:50 AM #

Joanne, I love these sentiments - they really are so big and bold and look great over patterned DSP.  Your card is made even more special by the string of sequins and I love that you stamped the inside, too!   Fabulous card
hugs
jaydee

Joanne JamesUnited Kingdom
1/26/2015 11:19:29 AM #

Thank you Jaydee - these sentiments are great for bold CAS cards, for sure!

Autumn Winter Catalogue

Current November hostess code:

469YSGD2

The Stampin' Cut And Emboss Machine (standard size) Is Here!

Crafting has never looked this good! Contact me to get yours today.

Paper Pumpkin Is Here!

Share joy with the global Joy To The World Paper Pumpkin Kit! Available 3 November whilst stocks last!