Let it Snow Christmas Card

by Joanne James20. September 2014 21:51

Here at last with today's post! A busy day today - homework, grocery shopping, we had friends round to make cake pops this afternoon (always fun!) and then a swimming gala this evening - so finally I'm sitting down for long enough to share today's card with you! Today's card is for this week's Merry Monday Christmas Challenge, where the theme from Karren this week is to let your sentiment take centre stage:

I was tempted to go with a few obvious choices for my card using some of the fabulous new sentiments in the current seasonal catalogue, but decided to take the opportunity to try something different that I've had in mind for a while. I made a sentiment all of my very own - take a look:

I decided to make a long, thin card and used the 'What's Your Type?' stamp set to stamp the word 'snow' using the various patterns and shapes in the set. I love this unusual graphic style type and it is great for making the sentiment the feature of your card. I stamped the various letters in a combination of Smoky Slate, Soft Sky and Lost Lagoon and finished the 'O' with one of the new snowflake embellishments and some silver ribbon. I mounted this section with dimensionals on a base of Soft Sky with a couple of strips of silver washi tape running along it. To complete my sentiment, I used my Smoky Slate Stampin' Write Marker to write 'let it' in my own handwriting on a little handcut banner and adhered to the top of the sentiment panel. A rather modern take on 'let it snow', granted, but I think it works and it's very different.

That's all from me; back tomorrow with this week's Design Team card for The Paper Players. Until then, happy stampin'!

Tags: , , , , , ,

Cards | Stamping

Pat McCleary
Pat McClearyUnited States
9/21/2014 2:46:48 AM #

Aren't you the clever one! Your originality really blew me away. I don't comment often, though I enjoy your blog, but today I HAD to say Well Done, Joanne.

9/21/2014 8:03:16 PM #

Oh Pat that's so kind of you to leave a message - comments like that make my day! So glad you liked my graphic sentiment and enjoy reading my blog.

Katie Melhus
Katie MelhusUnited States
9/21/2014 10:40:07 PM #

How unique - those letters are great and it looks awesome on the long skinny card! Thanks for joining us this week at Merry Monday!

9/22/2014 9:02:28 PM #

Thanks Katie - I wanted to try this out and I think the card shape definitely makes the most of it. Thank heavens for the Envelope Punch Board and bespoke envelopes!!

9/21/2014 10:53:12 PM #

This is VERY clever....I love the color combo and that little snowflake makes it SWEET!!!  Thanks for playing with the Merry Monday challenge this week!

9/22/2014 9:03:21 PM #

Thank you my friend - so busy using wooden leaves these snowflakes were feeling neglected in the drawer, so thought I should give them some love!

Deanne @ Three Trees
Deanne @ Three TreesCanada
9/22/2014 12:24:07 AM #

What a fun card - love how you created SNOW!!!!  Thanks so much for playing along with us at Merry Monday.

Deanne Smile

9/22/2014 9:05:38 PM #

Thanks Deanne - so glad you like my fun sentiment card!

Christmastime Is Here - an exclusive collection of fabulous festive florals that will be available will supplies last from November 1st!

Current October hostess code: