Let It Snow Card In A Box For PP470

by Joanne James1. December 2019 09:00

Today it's Sunday and time for this week's new challenge over at The Paper Players! It's the turn of the lovely Laurie to host this week and she has a fun theme challenge for you to work with:

I have a fancy card to share with you today that is perfect to give someone special for the festive season - take a look:

A Card In A Box - Is it a gift? Is it a card? I guess it's a little of both! When closed it looks like a gift box, but undo the ribbon and the top and bottom of the box separate to reveal an accordion-style expanding card:

I made a holly-themed 'card in a box' project at my October Creative Escapes Craft Retreat using the Christmas Gleaming Stamp Set and made a few other versions to show the attendees how they could use the same concept using other papers and stamp sets - this is one of them. They are quite straightforward to make and rather addictive; I've had lots of photos from my retreat weekend attendees after the event showing me more examples of ones they've created too, so it must be catching! One of my top tips when making this type of card is to use temporary adhesive or a couple of glue dots to hold the last panel in place so that you can remove it to write your message to the recipient before gluing it in place; this is much easier than trying to write it when it's already in the box.

Let It Snow - I used the 'Let It Snow' papers for the accordion-fold of my card and the letters that spell out 'snow', which I diecut using the Hand-Lettered Prose dies and I used the adorable Let It Snow Embellishment Kit to dress up the snowman on the front of my box - how cute are those little felt accessories?!

Snowman Season - The sentiment on the front and inside my card are from the 'Snowman Season' stamp set. The 'Let It Snow' stamp was perfect for a partial stamp to then finish the sentiment with the diecut letter panels. I also used the snowflakes in the stamp set with some Stampin' Glitter to add some sparkle to each of the Coastal Cabana panels and a snowman on the first panel that I coloured with co-ordinating Stampin' Blends markers:

I'm also linking today's project up with the current fancy fold challenge over at Inspire Create.

The Paper Players Design Team
Here's a quick recap of our challenge rules:

1.  Create a new paper project
3.  Please link your card to no more than four challenges, TOTAL.
4.  Have FUN!

Enjoy your day; as it's the first of December we are going to begin decorating the house for Christmas today, much to the children's delight! Especially as we have a couple of extra Christmas trees and some new rainbow baubles too. I'll be back tomorrow with another project. Until then, happy stampin'!

Jan Clothier
Jan ClothierNew Zealand
12/1/2019 9:41:25 AM #

This is such a gorgeous card! What a fabulous idea - it would make a great album or for those times when lots of people want to write a message to someone. I so want to give this a go!

jaydee
jaydeeUnited States
12/1/2019 3:57:56 PM #

Joanne what a wonderful surprise for the recipient when they open this card.  I love the red base and how it makes that DSP pop and I also love your dapper little snowman.  Fabulous project, my friend.
hugs
jaydee

Penny Hanuszak
Penny Hanuszak Canada
12/1/2019 7:58:49 PM #

What a great idea!  This card in the box is perfect for a special someone and what fun all the different panels are.  Thanks for sharing.  Love this.

Laurie
LaurieUnited States
12/2/2019 1:05:38 AM #

Wow!  How awesome..thats amazing! What a great project.

12/2/2019 1:34:14 PM #

Wow, this is amazing!  Your projects are always fabulous and this one does not disappoint!  I love this idea!

Ann Schach
Ann SchachUnited States
12/2/2019 10:20:40 PM #

Oh. My. Gosh. This is awesome, Joanne! I have never made a card in a box, but you have inspired me to give it a try! What a special card for that special person!

Su Mohr
Su MohrUnited States
12/4/2019 5:58:36 PM #

What a surprise, Joanne! So fun for a retreat project! I'll have to give it a try!

Nora Noll
Nora NollUnited States
12/5/2019 8:11:10 PM #

This is absolutely darling!! I LOVE that designer paper and the fun card design in general. FABULOUS design.

Windy Ellard
Windy EllardUnited States
12/5/2019 9:18:37 PM #

This is an amazing project and love the fun snowman..he looks so cozy in that scarf!

Anne Marie Hile
Anne Marie HileUnited States
12/7/2019 2:49:41 PM #

Wow! Joanne, this is a fun card, indeed! I just love all of the wonderful detail.

Wanda Cullen
Wanda CullenUnited States
12/8/2019 1:01:31 AM #

Wow!! What a great snowy themed project!!! Love it!

Vicky
VickyUnited Kingdom
12/9/2019 8:23:16 PM #

What a special card to receive Joanne! I can see this being used as a photo album, a book of favours you'll do for the recipient (babysitting, lifts, be a shopping partner etc),  a book of motivations, a story... my goodness, the list is endless! Absolutely brilliant! Vicky x

Christmastime Is Here - an exclusive collection of fabulous festive florals that will be available will supplies last from November 1st!

Current November hostess code: