Horse Punch Art SUO #90

by Joanne James17. February 2014 21:26

Today I've had the most fun day. I was privileged to be invited to run a Crafty Owl birthday party for a 10 year old and her classmates, which was great fun. We made some wall art and they had a fun time punching shapes and using the Big Shot to create their masterpieces. When I run a craft party, I always create a punch art kit for the party bags so that the children can continue the crafty fun at home. For today's party, the birthday girl loves horses so I knew that a pony needed to feature on my card. I had a quick surf on Pinterest for some general inspiration then set to work creating my card. This is what I came up with:

I used a variety of punches to create my card (see full list below) and some Core d'inations cardstock embossed with the woodgrain embossing folder to give texture to my stable door. I've always loved grey horses so made my card with a grey pony, but since my eight year-old informed me that this made it look like a donkey, the kits I made for the party girls all had brown horses to remove any doubt!

The girls loved their kits and I'm sure they will have had as much fun completing them as they did at the party itself. I'm linking today's card up with the challenge over at SUO Challenges where the theme this week is 'Punch Art', so this card fits perfectly.

I ended my day with a trip to the cinema to see the new Lego Movie; it was a great children's movie for half term and fulfilled one of Ben's main aims for the week, so all in all a good day was had by all.

Back tomorrow with another project; until then, happy stampin'!

Julie Gearinger
Julie GearingerUnited States
2/18/2014 1:25:34 AM #

This is absolutely adorable!!  Love all of the punch elements that you used to create this fantastic scene and I am sure that your daughter's friends were thrilled as well!  Thanks for playing along with us at the SUO Challenges Smile

2/18/2014 8:25:48 PM #

Thanks Julie - it's great to do a little punch art every once in a while, especially if it uses the owl punch; it's so versatile for so many things! SUO Challenges is new to me, but I will definitely be popping back again - some great inspiration here.

Kathy James
Kathy JamesUnited Kingdom
2/18/2014 10:19:43 AM #

Lovlely! It sounds as if you had as much fun as the girls. Can't wait to see the pictures they made. Glad the party was so successful.

2/18/2014 8:20:53 PM #

Nice one-handed typing there Wink The party was great fun - forgot to take my camera though, so unfortunately don't have pictures of their 'makes'.

Connie Babbert
Connie BabbertUnited States
2/23/2014 1:59:42 AM #

What a cute idea for kids birthday parties!  Love the horse punch art...perfect for her!  Thanks for playing along with the SUO Challenge this week!

2/23/2014 11:58:57 PM #

Thanks Connie for your kind comments and for enabling me to discover SUO Challenges via yours and Mary's blogs - I'm now following!

Karen Barber
Karen BarberUnited States
2/24/2014 2:48:01 AM #

WOW is all I can say!!! Precious!!!!

2/24/2014 8:29:13 PM #

Thanks Karen! I love punch art, but sometimes it's a real labour of love with all the little bits and pieces so I don't do it that often!

Kim
KimUnited States
5/31/2015 10:11:55 PM #

Cute punch art! This will be on my inspiration blog post.  Thank you for sharing

Sale-A-Bration 2020

Shop, host, join - during Sale-A-Bration there's never been a better time! Offers valid until 31st March, whilst supplies last. Download your copy of the Sale-A-Bration leaflet by clicking on the image above.

Ever thought about becoming a Stampin' Up! demonstrator?For £99, you can create your own starter kit worth £130. During Sale-Bration, you will also receive a mini paper cutter, a 6"x6" Designer Series paper Sampler pack and a stamp set of your choice! Stampin' Up! has something for everyone: join my growing team and benefit from my support to enjoy Stampin' Up! however you choose.

Current January hostess code: