Punch Art Guitar Cards

by Joanne James10. October 2015 09:00

I have a couple of fun punch art cards to share with you today (to make up for no post yesterday)! I was all ready to link up with the ladies at SUO Challenges but it would appear that our clocks are not coinciding this week - never mind! Check them out if you're a punch art fan as that's their theme this week. Both of these were made for my lovely husband, who celebrated his birthday this week. You will notice there is something of a common theme to my cards - here's the first one:

My husband has recently taken up learning to play the guitar; I think living in a household with three pianists and a singer, he was feeling somewhat left out! So I decided for my card to go with a simple black and white combo, using my circle framelits for the holes and my word window punch and decorative label punches for the fretboard and strings. The strings themselves are made using the new silver corded trim - perfect for my six-string - and I added an actual re guitar pick 'borrowed' from my husband's collection to add a pop of red to my card.

My second card was made from my children and includes both a punched star and a rather clever guitar made with ... the owl punch! Take a look:

I used some retired music print paper for my background and the same 'Rock Star' greeting from the 'Be The Star' stamp set, this time stamped in Pacific Point on Very Vanilla then punched out with my star punch. I also added the word 'DAD' cut with my little Letter Thinlits for further personalisation. A silver glimmer star then formed the background to highlight my punch art guitar: an owl punch body (minus the feet!) in Pacific Point, a small punched circle and a piece of Smoky Slate wound in thin silver thread for the strings with a couple of the owl hearts attached to the end for the keys that tighten the strings. Not a bad replica of the blue electric guitar he is practising on - thank heavens for headphones that plug in to his amplifier, so we are not all having to witness his Eric Clapton impressions until he is more polished!!

Back later with some exciting news for you, so watch this space; meanwhile, happy stampin'!

to follow.

10/10/2015 12:41:04 PM #

These are both awesome!  I have a guitar-playing nephew and it is always a challenge to come up with a card for him....he's going to love it when I CASE one for him!

Aquarius
AquariusUnited Kingdom
10/10/2015 2:13:18 PM #

Very clever use of the punches - wouldn't have thought of using the owl in that way but it really works!

Wendie
WendieUnited States
10/10/2015 3:16:23 PM #

super cards

Stef Perry
Stef PerryUnited States
10/11/2015 5:24:54 AM #

Terrific cards, Joanne!  Very clever and fun!

10/12/2015 9:58:01 PM #

Joanne, I know he LOVED these special cards you made him!  WOW!  So clever and creative!  You always amaze me!  I love the Pacific Point!  It is a color rarely used and it is a favorite of mine!  XX

Christmastime Is Here - an exclusive collection of fabulous festive florals that will be available will supplies last from November 1st!

Current November hostess code: