Island Indigo Flowerfull Heart Slider Card

by Joanne James6. January 2014 21:09

Today has been a fun day, with my first class of the year. A fun - if quiet! - time was had by all, with all my ladies being very accommodating of my continued voiceless state. I'll share more on our class makes later in the week, but today I'm sharing a card that I am entering for this week's Pals Paper Arts challenge, PPA186, which is to use the following colours:

With this in mind, I inked up my Flowerfull Heart stamp again but this time made a slider card - take a look:

I stamped the heart in Versamark and heat embossed with gold embossing powder, then layered the heart on another one made from gold foil. When the ribbon end is pulled, it reveals the message inside:

The inside of the slider card is stamped with my favourite stamp from the 'Follow My Heart' set on the lower inside panel, and the valentine stamp from the 'Delightful Dozen' on the extending top section (I replaced the stamped heart with a gold foil one). I think this would make a lovely masculine valentine's card; the gold foil and embossing adds a real luxurious feel.

I will be sharing a video tutorial on how to make this card as soon as my voice returns, so stay tuned. Meanwhile, check out the inspiration from the designers and participants over at Pals Paper Arts here.

Back tomorrow with another card; until then, happy stampin'!

Table built using Stampin' Up! Product Table Builder from The Crafty Owl.

linda callahan
linda callahanUnited States
1/7/2014 3:34:01 PM #

The slider card is wonderful.....and the embossed heart is stunning". Thanks for joining us at PPA!

1/7/2014 7:33:34 PM #

Thanks Linda - the colour combination really appealed and the PPA designer cards this week were all fantastic, so I just had to have a go.

Kathy James
Kathy JamesUnited Kingdom
1/7/2014 6:04:53 PM #

Love the colours in this card - looks lovely with the gold embossing. Can't wait to get my heart stamp and start creating my own cards.

1/8/2014 10:43:39 AM #

Would love to see what you come up with! xx

Michelle Gleeson
Michelle GleesonUnited States
1/8/2014 12:44:39 AM #

Joanne your card is AWESOME.  I will be cas'ing your card!  I love, love, love everything about it.  The clean and simple design and the peek a boo sentiment.  Wow.  Thank you for playing this week with the Pals Paper Arts.

1/8/2014 10:45:55 AM #

Michelle that is so kind of you - case away! I loved your card too. The design inspiration over at PPA was exceptional this week. I sometimes struggle with colour challenges, but I loved this one!

Kerry Willard Bray
Kerry Willard BrayUnited States
1/8/2014 2:02:53 AM #

So crisp, so clean, so beautiful! A truly delightful card! Thanks so much for joining us over at Pals Paper Arts!

1/8/2014 10:47:35 AM #

Thank you for your kind words Kerry - I'm looking forward to participating in more PPA challenges, the design team really are amazing.

Leigh-Anne
Leigh-AnneUnited Kingdom
1/30/2014 1:56:24 PM #

Hi there - I LOVE this card! I can't find your tutorial for - can you point me in the right direction? Thanks, Leigh-Anne x

1/30/2014 9:44:29 PM #

Hi Leigh-Anne - so glad you liked it! I was two weeks without my voice and only stopped coughing enough to begin recording videos again this week so I haven't yet done this one. It's on my list though so keep checking back and I will post as soon as it's done. x

Pauline A
Pauline AUnited Kingdom
2/10/2014 9:27:17 PM #

Wow, love this colour and looks amazing with the gold.

2/10/2014 10:01:07 PM #

Island Indigo is such a great colour and the gold really stands out to on this card - I think I'm becoming addicted to gold foil!

Leigh-Anne
Leigh-AnneUnited Kingdom
2/17/2014 5:50:45 PM #

Thanks Joanne! Smile i'm following you on FB now so fingers crossed i'll get notification through on my feed x

Current June hostess code:

NSKDEXBA

Host In June And Get Extra Rewards

Shop or host a party in June to get an extra £20 Stampin' Rewards with sales of £200+. Read more here

During June you can also choose any additional stamp/tool bundle from the new catalogue - FOR FREE!