CCMC 284 Love You!

by Joanne James7. January 2014 19:49

Today I am sticking with the 'love' theme, but no Flowerfull Heart today. I'm taking my colour scheme from the challenge palette over at Create with Connie and Mary this week, which requires a card made with the following colours:

I thought this was a great modern colour combination so decided to create a card with one of my other favourite products, the 'love' from the Expressions Thinlits Dies. Here's my card:

I used the negative space from the thinlit cut out, rather than the word 'love' itself (don't worry, I didn't bin it - if you keep your eye out you'll see it appear on another card someday soon). I've done this before and like this effect almost as mush as the delicate cut out words that you get with these dies. I then contrasted the black top layer with the Strawberry Slush heart which I stamped in black with the word 'you' from the stamp I used on yesterday's card from the 'Follow My Heart' stamp set. Not necessarily the most romantic of colour combinations perhaps, but I think this card would definitely appeal to a trendy teenager. Don't forget, the Expressions Thinlits Dies feature in the Autumn-Winter seasonal catalogue and will only be available to order until the 1st February, so if they're still on your wishlist, don't leave it too late to order them; just click on the product link in the table below and hop on over to my online store.

So, my voice is still absent - the rest of the James household is loving it! It's good preparation for the children's return to school tomorrow, the first few days back always seem really quiet. Don't forget to hop on over to see what the designers at Create With Connie and Mary came up with in response to this week's colour challenge.

Back tomorrow with another card; until then, happy stampin'!

Table built using Stampin' Up! Product Table Builder from The Crafty Owl.

Lisa Young
Lisa YoungUnited States
1/7/2014 9:02:43 PM #

You really created a sweet, clean and simple card! I love how you used the negative space for the sentiment and using the chevron paper vertically. Very cool. Thanks for joining us this week at Create with Connie and Mary.

1/8/2014 10:41:04 AM #

Thanks Lisa - I like to try and use our SU products in lots of different ways to create different effects and show just how versatile they can be. Thanks for the great design inspiration over at CCMC.

Deb
DebUnited States
1/7/2014 11:40:51 PM #

This is a really creative way to use the thinlits! A simple card with a lot of WOW! Thanks for playing the challenge at Create with Connie and Mary!

1/8/2014 10:42:40 AM #

Thanks Deb - my designs are often clean and simple, although I love layers - so glad you liked it! Looking forward to participating in more challenges over at CCMC.

Mary Brown
Mary BrownUnited States
1/8/2014 7:52:58 PM #

What a great contemporary card!  Love the use of the thinlits on this and the great chevron dsp!  Thanks for playing along this week in the Create with Connie and Mary Thursday Challenge!

1/9/2014 11:04:44 PM #

Glad you liked my card Mary - thanks for a great challenge and design inspiration this week. I'm looking forward to participating in future CCMC challenges.

Lisa Martz
Lisa MartzUnited States
1/8/2014 11:20:59 PM #

What a cute card for Valentine's Day or an anniversary.  Clean and simple.  Love the thinlit on the black...really makes it POP!  Thanks for playing the Create with Connie and Mary color challenge this week!

1/9/2014 11:02:40 PM #

Thanks for your kind comments Lisa - loved this colour combo!

Current July hostess code:

PTWMKJED

Host In June And Get Extra Rewards

Shop or host a party in June to get an extra £20 Stampin' Rewards with sales of £200+. Read more here