Merry Monday - Deck The Halls

by Jason James22. October 2013 21:30

I'm having a fun week at home with the James juniors this week, but it isn't leaving much time for crafting! Once we've finished our holiday homework we should be able to do some crafting together, which will be nice; I have a few Halloween things planned which I should be able to share with you in due course.

This week's Merry Monday Challenge is #80 'Use Music or a Carol Inspired Card' and having seen the great inspiration cards, I was keen to have a go. Here's my card:

I made a simple card where I cut out a circle using my Circle Framelits to reveal the 'deck the halls' stamp on the inside of the card. I decorated simply with some punched holly tied with baker's twine. I finished the punch berries with some Crystal Effects to add a nice shine (it looks much nicer in real life!) and scored the centre of my card panel using my Simply Scored borders plate to add some texture and interest to the Baked Brown Sugar card front. A simple card, yet I have this urge to break into song: Deck the halls with boughs of holly, fa la la la la, la la la la! I love Christmas time.

With all of yesterday's news, I didn't get round to sharing the link to this week's new digital downloads, so here it is:

October 22, 2013

There are some fun autumn pocket cards and some recipe layouts, along with a variety of different Christmas stamps to take a look at. The free trial for MDS is still available to download, so if you haven't already why not take a look - it will open up a whole new avenue of crafting to you.

Back tomorrow with another card; until then, happy stampin'!

Stampin' Up Supplies Used:

Marie Bingaman
Marie BingamanUnited States
10/24/2013 3:29:13 AM #

Very cute!  I love the little details that really make this card!  Smile

Joyce
JoyceUnited States
10/24/2013 6:17:54 PM #

Hi I saw your card on Merry Monday and I like it a lot!  Window cards are just fun and special!

Nina
NinaCanada
10/25/2013 8:26:45 PM #

Fabulous CAS Joanne, I love the holly with the twine. Thank you for joining us for Merry Monday.

Karren
KarrenNew Zealand
10/25/2013 9:06:43 PM #

Beautiful CAS card, Joanne.  The subtle scoring really finishes if off perfectly!  Thanks so much for joining us at Merry Monday.

10/27/2013 7:57:03 PM #

What a lovely card....I love the window with that big sentiment and your holly is sweet!   Thanks for playing with our Merry Monday challenge this week!

Autumn Winter Catalogue

Current October hostess code:

GVMFEJQ4

The Stampin' Cut And Emboss Machine (standard size) Is Here!

Crafting has never looked this good! Contact me to get yours today.

Paper Pumpkin Is Here!